1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DMS4 SE Lite VS. Matrix Infinity

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by caliwest, Jan 5, 2006.

1. dgm08

dgm08 Member

I just made my purchase from xmodd. If something seems to good to be true it probably is. Why would he not change at least like $200 for it. As far as I'm concered selling them for $180 is like yelling "I AM A FAKE!" Oh well. I hope my PSTwo comes soon.

2. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

OFMG! How the hell could I be him??? Didn't you see me in his ventdor's thread??? And my tracking number?

Honestly, what proof do u have? A bunch of competitors claiming he's a con-artist? Sony could say the same thing about microsoft or Nintendo to get more sales, like that they use bad parts or something, it's competition.

3. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

^And why did u buy from xmodd? Compare their prices to someone in the DMS3 vendors threads's...you'll see 23 pages for one of them and happy customers, you could've found way cheaper premods, and I mean WAY cheaper, cheaper than $250 or even for how much u bought, $265! Thats too much, especially for a video game console...$180 is right. And he did used to sell his premods for $220 but just lowered them down to $180 cause he was having a sale. His chubby ones have been $180 cause he gets them cheaper and his slim ones used to be $220, now they're $180, cause its a V14 slim he's selling, and it has no support for HDD's. Do other vendors have lower prices for V14's??? And chubby??? Im waiting for the answer. Especially when u can get a good condition chubby from a supplier fo cheap. Did anyone even think that they're premodded chubby's are NEW?>_>

Last edited: Jan 19, 2006
  4. dgm08

dgm08 Member

I don't care. His price wasn't insain or anything, and I would pay extra for a good reputation. 290 usd shipped, and he accepted credit cards which I need.

5. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

DAVBERE and NETMECH on the DMS3 forums have pretty good reputations too, and they have like $250 premods, I would've gone with one of them. IMO, $300 for a premod PS2 is too much. Imagine how many accesories you could've bought, unless you're rich, then I wont say anything.

6. 2IIPack

2IIPack Guest

Which one should I get?

7. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

^What do u mean? If a premod PS2, then from the link I gave to modman. If you're talking about a chip, the DMS4 Pro/DMS4 S.E. Pro, since it has the most features and is as stable and durable as any other chip and do I have to say ToxicOS? If you're planning to play online with BURNT games, then the Crystal chip, if you only want to play them with originals and have both of them and just backup games, then get the DMS4 Pro, since they just work flawlessly, and you won't regret ToxicOS v0.4, best flash ever. :) Unless you count the Crystal online flash...but it could be done for DMS4 Pro too, seeing that DMS4 Pro has a 2MB flash. :) Which I love, store any .ELF you want on it...I use it for PS2 Reality Media Player Pro. Hope this helped.

Also, to anyone believing modman is fake, look at his thread now, the link I posted, there's a picture of a premod arriving a a customer's house. And I HATE UPS.

8. 2IIPack

2IIPack Guest

Hey man just listen to Tokijin.(literatly period) He's the man!

9. ihaveabu

ihaveabu Regular member

this thread is amazing

i'm sending my ps2 to teammodders.com to have them install a crystal 1.1 chip.

this thread has answered many of my questions. crystal plays DVD-DL, it auto boots, autopatches DNA's, and according to
    http://forums.maxconsole.net/archive/index.php/t-10884.html

Tokijin, i'd have to say you're wrong here. I emailed teammodders.com 2 days ago, and this is the reply i got:

disregard the 2nd half of the letter.

i do have a question that's kinda confusing. there's many links to the hacked firmware for the CC.

i downloaded the R19 firmware from here:
    http://www.forumconsolas.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1213

do i still need the crack from here:
    http://forums.psxforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=25224
    to have the chip autoboot?

thanks

and 1 more thing. i have a ntsc ps2 and tv. if i get a pal game, do i need to convert the image, or will crystal chip do the y change thingy for me?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2006
  10. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

It will convert it for you automattically, all chips do that, they're made to make the PS2 region free, just play around with the settings when you get it, and change them to force NTSC and do the y-fix automattically, with the DMS4 Pro, this is so easy to do with ToxicOS.

11. dgm08

dgm08 Member

Yeah, Crystal Chip looks sick. I just bought one. When it gets here I'll post my results in this thread.

12. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Sorry for jumping in here guys...

You said this Tokijin,

I always hear that people are installing laser fixes on v13 and v14 ps2's. From a lot of personal experience and from what I have heard from other quality installers, v13 and v14 ps2's do not need fixes. That is just my take however...

Not to give Norcalmods.com a bad rep, but did you all know that the guy who runs that site copied Davbere's installs. In my opinion, the person you should have mod your station is Davbere! You know what I'm talkin about Tokijin :)

Also, for the money, the Crystal Chip 1.1 is a good buy. I have installed a few and they work like a charm. In my opinion, they work just as well as the DMS4 Pro (have it being an SE or original) DMS4 Lite SE and Matrix Infinity Green Dot. I will admit though, the Toxic bios is an amazing addon.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2006
  13. 2IIPack

2IIPack Guest

Thats exactly what I was saying. Told yall.

14. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Now, I'm not saying that the Crystal Chip is better, I'm just saying that it is up to par along with the DMS and Matrix chips.

One HUGE advantage that I really like about the DMS4 Pro SE is that it has a huge 2MB flash which allows you to store homebrew software, emulators etc. etc. right in the internal flash memory.

But do you really need that? If your a hardcore gamer/modder then yes, you will want it!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2006
  15. ihaveabu

ihaveabu Regular member

16. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ahh, well I didn't even know that they had a CC 1.1f Lite, it said it was just added on the 14th...

17. marik1234

marik1234 Regular member

I dont think it has as big a flash as the DMS4 Pro though, 2MB. I just stored memory card repair .ELF on there. Very handy since my 3rd party memory card doubler, which gives it two slots, sometimes corrupts the second one it makes, nothing from my original Sony one, so I have to repair it, and I just hold R2 when I start my PS2 and memory card repair loads and I switch my memory card to the second(corrupted) slot and it repairs!