1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need cool the PS3?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by LightXxX, Nov 13, 2010.

1. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Hi my Bro bought his PS3 for a year now and i was wondering, Does it need to be cooled? When i play blu-ray or some other games with high quality of graphic, it get really hot like the inner fan gets loud... I just searched online like few minutes ago i found out that these intercoolers or fans use the console's power supply, they're actually making things worse... Some site i looked through and they said "I would not use anything that does not have it's own power supply." And some also said "Most likely you will do more harm than good by buying any extra 3rd party peripherals to cool the PS3." So the real question that i want to be answered is "Do I need a PS3 cooling(with own power/batteries)?"

2. gam3r21

gam3r21 Regular member

You're in the wrong forum.

3. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Mybad :/.... So how i change or it's automathic?

4. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

To answer your question, as long as the PS3 is used in an open area it should be fine.

However, I've had mine in a cabinet (with about four inches of room on each side) and just keep the doors open while playing. The fans never get very loud and when sticking my hand behind the exhaust fans it's warm but I can comfortably keep my hand behind it.

5. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

Well, that's true but what about summer? I'd need a PS3 cooling for the PS3 in summer...

6. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

moved to correct forum as not a ps2 hardware boot issue. LightXxX, keep your eyes open when starting a new thread.

7. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

I tho it said PS3 so just picked this one BTW how do i move it...? Please read the third posted message...

8. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what does this word mean "moved" as that is the 1st word in my post?

9. LightXxX

LightXxX Guest

My bad :/ It's dark and the screen so bright, i cant read very well LMSAO(Laughing My Silly Ass Off)...