Do I need progressive scan DVD Player? Help Please!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by kedm, Jul 4, 2004.

1. kedm

kedm Member

Hi,
    I have an Hitachi 65 inch ultra widescreen tv. It's model number is 65T500. It has the following options already:
    New VirtualHD™
    1080p Processing
    1080i/540p Selectable
    3:2 Pulldown Detection (Auto/Off)
    26 Point Advanced Video Processing
    At the moment I have an JVC xv40bk DVD player. I am very happy with it it plays all disks. What i am wondering is since my tv has progressive scanning and 3:2 pulldown do I still need a progressive scanning DVD Player. According to the manual it does everything a progressive scanning DVD player does. If I should get a new DVD Player what would be a good one. It has to have the following options:
    Plays:DVD-R,DVD-RW,DVD+R,DVD+RW,MP3

I have been looking for awhile and cannot find many that play both DVD-r,and DVD+r format. I was looking at the sony DVPNS575, and the samsung HD931. Also I live in a rural area of Canada so it is hard to find websites where I can buy these products. I have looked, but can not find that samsung model for sale anywhere. Is it worth the cost and is there any DVD player that will give better picture? My TV is great and gives a great picture so can it get any better? Is the extra money for the samsung (if I can find it) Worth it or does it matter with a high end tv?
    Thanks
    Thanks

2. kkameny

kkameny Member

Samsoung has one that upconverts to 1080i, only through a dvi port,if you t.v. has one.Most high end ones do. Picture is incredibly clear and sharp.I'm using a mits 55813 diamond.