do you guys believe in ghosts

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by andmerr, Feb 7, 2004.

1. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i've got one or maybe something, everytime my phone rings my pc decides to turn it self on.Checked all my settings on my pc ,had a look to see if something was on in the bios but cant see anything.I'M stumped.What do you guys suggest, and please dont say ghost busters for pc's

2. Ch00kY

Ch00kY Guest

Hello,
    Usually that kinda thing is in the bios, its sumthing like ModemRingOn, sumthing like that.

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

My current PC remains possessed after countless exorcisms. She'll run fine for days on end and then one day decide to get all uppity and not cooperate. I have to stroke the case and tell her I'm sorry for calling her an obstinate wench and then she's fine for a while. I'm not sure if it's a ghost or a reflection on my PC building skills. I like to think it's a ghost :)

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Andmerr, do you have a Compaq? There was a compaq model that had that feature flashed into the software of the chip. I know this as my roommate had this and it really freaked him out. Took tech support about 2 months to discover this. However it was on a Pentium 233 model, but wouldn't be surprised if the same mistake was made on a new computer.

But about ghosts, yes I belive in them. I have felt or seen a ghost before.

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

hi to one and all:

currently running amd 2600+
    GF4 mmx 440
    256 DDR
    gigabyte board
    standard modem 56K
    pioneer a106 Dvd burner
    liteon dvd rom
    win 2000
    etc etc etc

Had previously checked the bios settings but had another look ch00ky but 'modem ring on' is disabled.

I am still perplexed as to why this is still doing it, but i will check out your suggestion.

REGARDS and thanks for the imput all

andmerr

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2004