Don't be fooled AfterDawn users....

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Dela, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Hi guys,

You might have noticed recently that a very small number of users at AfterDawn have been making a very large amount of noise... and then... interestingly... have been complaining that nobody is doing anything about the noise that they created.

What I find very amusing is that these folk have been talking complete BS about the administration and staff of AfterDawn as if we had some part in the problems they create for themselves. Sorry, we just don't have much interest in the problems of a tiny group who can't shutup out of hundreds of thousands of members who are getting along just fine.

The small issues that are seen on AfterDawn.... and overshadowed by the incredible success of this site.... just aren't _that_ big a priority for an administration with many many pages full of todo's on them. Don't get it wrong though, forum improvements have been in the pipeline for some time and moderator selection is already in process and hopefully within the next week we will have a much stronger team.

When you say "staff", you are talking about quite a lot of people too, not just 3 or 4, the number is more in the area of 20 split across 4 separate sites, all with specific jobs that need to be done by a deadline. As for moderator and administrator interaction, the administrators frequent the mods' private forums and know exactly what's going on and when it is, and have provided the mods with tools to help them fight against repeat offenders etc.

As for people who are seen on our forums with "Staff Member" status, they have nothing at all to do with forum moderating or policy shaping, they just handle a certain aspect of the main site. Of course tho, it seems now these little few want to throw around the "Staff Member" as the problem even though none of them ever gave any of these idiots any hassle whatsoever.

Don't be coming on here trying to satisfy some mental need of your weak mind to be ignorant idiots on a forum, where you can hide nicely behind your screen and flame people. I highly suggest instead either doing something productive with your time, or maybe even seeing a professional who might be able to work our your psychological problems and tell you why exactly it is you are completely hellbent on causing ripples in places where nobody can see you.

The nerve to try to make themselves look like the good guys is what annoys most of the other, rule-abiding and "mentally adult" users. Coming on here and posting up some rant as if you are the good guys and you speak for the "people" who have been abused by the administration.... please cut the crap OK? You are the problem and you know it. You create conflict to satisfy your own needs.... I'd question many of the ages you claim to be.

The multiple accounts some of you hold, as if we can't tell, as if we don't know and don't have access to everything you ever posted (editing might show differences on the forum... but the DB... different story), as if your ISPs don't have anti-abuse policies that you are violating by posting this crap to aD and as if the country you live in doesn't have laws that can force you to pay clean up fees for your crap. I'm not saying this to threaten anyone specifically... it just amazes me how naive people are.

But that's all I'll say to these tiny portion of users that represent next to nothing of the sheer numbers of people who post here and are happy top post here and only too happy to stay away from the fake "problems".

So to the rest of AfterDawn's users.... which is basically talking to the whole DB of you..... don't be fooled by this crap. Ignore it and use the "Report an offensive post" tool provided to you if anyone tries to step on your toes, the bigger man will never let himself be brought to the level of an idiot hiding behind a screen, probably smoking crack and making up conspiracy theories about the moderators who keep the real spam off of this site "on their own time", or the administration.

These forums are just jam packed full of invaluable information posted by hundreds of thousands of users over the last 7 years or so, stay here and participate, because under it all there's a glowing community of really intelligent people to meet, so no matter how many times people scream into your face that this isn't true, just ignore them, they aren't worth your time or any of our time.

Of course, feel free to PM me if you have anything to say, or if indeed, you feel offended by something I said. I am not aiming this particularly at anyone either.... in fact I would struggle to remember names.... all I know is that the same bull is posted by the same crowd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.