dont have a socket in back of computer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by paul0000, May 30, 2005.

1. paul0000

paul0000 Guest

wher can i put my cable one end in xbox where do i put the other end please

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

NIC cards are like 5 bucks....goto a computer store and buy one.

3. paul0000

paul0000 Guest

can i use my little black box i got from broadband do i need nic card new to all this dont know names of all computer bits

4. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    No you cant use your broadband modem, maybe a router would be a better bet for you i bought mine for £15 about $28

5. paul0000

paul0000 Guest

cheers berty wher will i get a router from and where do i connect on my computer

6. berty642

berty642 Regular member

Hi
    You can get a router from any local comp store, you will also need a network card, but your going to need the card wether you go with the router option or not if you want to ftp into your xbox, they are dirt cheap and easy to install. Ask at your local shop im sure they would be more than willing to help.

7. paul0000

paul0000 Guest

if i get a network card will i need a router to ftp my xbox

8. berty642

berty642 Regular member

No you dont need a router if you get a card, i use a adsl router instead of my broadband usb modem, that way i can connect my 2 playstations and xbox to the internet without having to swap wires, if you decide to connect straight into the card you will need a cross over cable

9. paul0000

paul0000 Guest

i will go and buy a network card tommorrow do i just ask for network card i have a cross over cable i take it card connects in back of tower then i put crossover cable in to card

10. punqewe

punqewe Active member

you open up your tower and plug the NIC into one of the PCI slots. Then when you turn on your pc it should find the 'new hardware'....dunno if you'll get a disk with it for the drivers....but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. After all,you have the world at your fingertips.