1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Downgrade IOS35 vs IOS15

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by johnyb62, Sep 9, 2009.

1. johnyb62

johnyb62 Member

I noticed since following guides when softmodding my own wii, the method has changed.

I used Downgrade IO35 / cIOS38 install / IOS36.wad / ISO60patched.wad

The new guide uses Downgrade IOS15 (using Trucha Bug Restorer) / PatchIOS36 / restore IOS15 / cIOS38

Are there any advantages of the new version over the old, and is there any benefit in 'updating' my console using the new method?

Just being nosey really

Are there any resources that help describe what the trucha bug restorer does, since my google searches dont really explain it to me.

Cheers

2. jcee2k5

jcee2k5 Member

I'm wondering the same thing. Should I change to this new method after doing the old way so many times? Any advantages?

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Downloading IOS15 works for all systems and serial (except Korean).

I would use the Downgrade IOS15 guide so you don't have to worry about what serial your modding. Using the Downgrade IOS35 method can brick systems that are LU64, LEH250 OR LAH113 and above.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2009
  4. johnyb62

johnyb62 Member

Ok thanks for clearing that up. So is there any benefit or reason to change the softmod conducted on my console (the old way) and use the new way? Or is just not possible. Ta

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Why would you need to downgrade IOS15 if you already downgraded IOS35 and have exploited your Wii system.

Downgrading IOS15 or IOS35 will let you run unsigned code on the system (newer updated IOS versions will block this). So you need to downgrade then patch the IOS so you can exploit the system to install/run homebrew.

Downgrading IOS15 or IOS35 is just different ways to exploit a VIRGIN Wii system so you can install/run homebrew. So if you already have done this then there is no reason to do it again.

6. Ka1b3ast

Ka1b3ast Newbie

When I try to downgrade IOS15, it comes up with 'ERROR: ES_AddTicket (-1017)' which makes it unable to downgrade it! How do I fix this?

7. Ka1b3ast

Ka1b3ast Newbie

8. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

You are responding to a 9 year old, dead thread. You would have been better off starting your own thread.

scorpNZ likes this.