download question

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Redwood04, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Redwood04

Redwood04 Guest

is it possible to download a dvd with the .vob and all the other files off of bittorrent or any other p2p client? and after i download it i can just put it on a blank dvd and when i play it on my dvd player all the menus and chapters will show up? if so how?

2. Redwood04

Redwood04 Guest

like download a video_ts file

3. Redwood04

Redwood04 Guest

omg anyone!!!

4. 72morgan

72morgan Regular member

Redwood04

No it is NOT possible !! What you want to do is the exact opposite of what TORRENT files are all about.

If you were to download 1 4.7 GB file and lost your connection , or shut down your computer or the person uploading the file to stopped for ANY reason then you would have to start all over again, and at 4.7 GB`s and a few lost connections and depending on your connections speed , it could take a week to never, to download that 1 file.

What BITTORRENT is all about is breaking up a 4 GB or 4,000 mb movie into apprx 4000 , 10 mb pieces. It is intentionally broken into those 4,000 pieces. When you start downloading a piece that piece is now available to everyone else. Its like a giant jigsaw puzzle with 10`s to 100`s of people sharing pieces back and forth until everyone has all the pieces. After you have all the pieces you need to use something like WINRAR to reassemble the 4,000 pieces back into recognizable .vob and .bup files, then you can burn it with Nero or Roxio.