1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading new Socom maps

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by phoenix2, Oct 25, 2004.

1. bdstreet

bdstreet Member

Originally posted by NecroX:
    Ok, you've gotten online with a non-Sony hard drive. [bold]But have you downloaded the new map, After Hours, to this hard drive, and have you played online with it?[/bold]

That is the question we all want to know. If so, please, please, post some easy 1-2-3 steps of how to go about doing this! You would be a hero!

2. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Yeah, this did go off topic, was hopeing someone would mention that, nevermind patching and all that stuff. We got to stick to the topic otherwise will never figure it out. :)

That symantic ghost idea makes sense... try that and let us know.

3. NecroX

NecroX Member

4. crcucb

crcucb Member

Thanks. I will try that when I can. Yesterday I just joined ps2ownz.com and it looks like I have to wait 5 days to download two files that I do not have:

Disc ID Insertor V2.01
    Disc ID Insertor

Unless anyone here has them that could post them.

5. NecroX

NecroX Member

Yea thats the only downside to that site. After your 5 days are up........it becomes your bible. :)

6. bdstreet

bdstreet Member

NecroX, have you installed the new Socom map, After Hours, using this method and played it online with a non-ps2 hard drive?

7. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

COME ON MEN!!! THIS HAS GONE ON FOR TOO LONG... "How does one get an unoffical hdd recognized in the PS2 as the original sony one. W/O modchips or patching or whatever... WE HAVE TO FIGURE THIS OUT.
    ;))))

8. BMWkid4

BMWkid4 Member

When you first open the $ony hdd it comes preinstalled with all there software i can try to copy that to an empty hdd, because it cant just only work with just that "FFXI" hard drive because sooner or later some other company is going to make "off-brand" one, Right?? It has to be something with software.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2004
  9. crcucb

crcucb Member

Has anyone tried the instructions at the site the NecroX pointed out?

10. themind

themind Member

we are not about burning cd/dvd or modding our ps2. we are not about putting are full games onto the hard drive. all we want is a way to make a normal ide/eide hdd to act like a $ony ps2 hdd. agen read the first thread. thats what we are about. it has went off track. im new at this but is there a way for someone to delete the stuff that is not a part of this thread. thank you and i hope not to piss anyone off.

11. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Amen brother, Amen! lol

BMWkid is right too. I wish I was a tech dude so I could make the software myself. Dam... only time will tell.

12. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Amen brother, Amen! lol

BMWkid is right too. I wish I was a tech dude so I could make the software myself. Dam... only time will tell.

13. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Amen brother, Amen! lol

14. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Amen brother, Amen! lol

15. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Amen brother, Amen! lol

16. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Holy crap... sorry about that. Delete those!!!

17. crcucb

crcucb Member

NecroX, as I am going using ISO Buster I see 2 main branches. I called ISO and the other called UDF. Do I worry about the files under the UDF Branch?

18. specwar1

specwar1 Guest

im getting the feeling that the hard drive is firmwared for the PS2 to recognize. There is no reason for any hard drive not to be recognized by an IDE channel.

Freaking Sony screws its client base yet again. What happens when a hard drive goes bad and you have already purchases this hard drive. Lets say I am playing final fantasy and my hard drive goes bad... what then?

There has to be a way to make a regular hard drive into a sony hard drive by way of software because Sony is disconinuing the hard drive. What support will ther be for people playing Final Fantasy a pay to play monthly fee game?

Please not more bullcrap about installing games on the hard drive. There are other threads on this forum that do address that issue. This is just for the new socom maps we wish to have! WITH OUT BUYING A PAY TO PLAY GAME.

I hate the fact that sony prepackaged that game. It forces people to join Final Fantasy...

19. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

i heard that the official hdd is being sold alone without ff11, in the states for 40USD; is this true?
    is so i hope its comes here(canader) soon ;)

20. specwar1

specwar1 Guest

No... the word is that its being discontinued. That is why people are scrambling to get the maps for socom on a regular hard drive.

Also the problem with the hard drive is this...

1.People are copying games on the hard drive. They rent and copy them off on the hard drive.
    2. The companies are seeing there is more money to be made on selling memory cards then selling hard drives with almost an unlimited capacity.