1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading new Socom maps

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by phoenix2, Oct 25, 2004.

1. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

^bump^

"How to get a non-sony hdd recognized by the PS2 as the sony hdd so we can download and play the socom maps"

2. bdstreet

bdstreet Member

So guess that's it? Nobody's been able to download maps on a standard (non-PS2) hard drive?

I still wonder what would happen if you captured an image of the PS2 Hard Drive right out of the box and tried to put that image on a regular non-PS2 hard drive.

3. themind

themind Member

I had a friend try to copy a $ony hhd to a standerd hdd. It didn't work so we can cross that one out too. Here is my thought of the moment, is furm ware somthing on the hdd disc or is it a chip in the hdd?

4. specwar1

specwar1 Guest

Firmware is hard software on a chip located on the hard drive. Yes. It has to be something of that nature stopping everyone from copying the drive.

5. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Well, screw sony if they think Im gonna pay 30 bucks for 3 maps which we should be able to download from the socom servers anyway. Isn't that what "downloadable content" is for. F them, if they think Im gonna pay 100 bucks for a hdd they can't even market correctly and then pretty much abandon it.

6. phoenix2

phoenix2 Member

ya i for one Give UP!
    anyways now im waiting for the 1 gb memory card
    mabye we'll see it early 06'! (jk i hope.)

7. bdstreet

bdstreet Member

I hate to say it, but I don't think I'm going to pay the $99 for the HD either. Maybe if the price comes down to around $40 I might.

8. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

9. onlynismo

onlynismo Guest

please update, cause i really want the new socom maps!

10. bdstreet

bdstreet Member

Man that would be so huge if you could get After Hours downloaded and you were able to play online with it. Go X-Port!

11. NipFocker

NipFocker Member

Sorry guys, I spent all week looking for this x-port thing and can't find it. Stores are either sold out or don't usually have them. And this guy from the other forum isn't emailing me back. If anyone can try this, let me/us know. Until I find this thing, where in limbo.

12. AmrcanHro

AmrcanHro Guest

When you guys put in the Unofficial Sony Hard Drive into the PS2, did you make sure you enabeled it in the options menu in SOCOM2? If you haven't yet, that might be it

13. themind

themind Member

ya thats not it the ps2 doesnt even recognize that there is a hdd in the it.

14. Fredwreck

Fredwreck Member

Also..I just installed a Infinity modchip on my ps2...and I can play SOCOM2 online if I bypass the modchip by holding start...but now when I goto play the new maps that are on my harddrive...SOCOM tells me that I cant becuz they arent installed on my HD...and I know they are, becuz they worked before I put in the modchip...any ideas?

15. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

yea, the new patch blocks modchips, so you wont be able to play with a modchip enabled. and the x-port thing wont work. sorry. the only way to get the maps is to either jus get the offcicial harddrive, modchip, and jus bypass the dnas with your original, or have someone find someway to get atad on a non sony hd from your pc or something.

16. Fredwreck

Fredwreck Member

I have an original Ps2 Harddrive..and I disabled my modchip...im able to play online...but it seems that it wont access the new maps off my HD

17. themind

themind Member

18. pnonso

pnonso Member

Does DNAS even check the hard drive? ATAD is a program for the DMS3 modchip...

Last edited: Dec 27, 2004
  19. atlnicca

atlnicca Regular member

i believe the games d check the harddrive, and i wouldnt exactly say atad is a program for dms3 chip. but i think having it is the only way to have the unnoficail drives recognized as official.

20. pnonso

pnonso Member

HD loader may also be used.