1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

downloading new Socom maps

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by phoenix2, Oct 25, 2004.

1. rbranma

rbranma Member

UMP,how can i conntact you?Have you got msn,yahoo,or icq messenger?I need to talk to you,pls PM me with your contact details or something,...

2. SyphMx2k4

SyphMx2k4 Guest

I don't know if I've interpreted the information that has been given so far correctly, but is this true - If you have ATAD A-P (DMS3 Mod Chip for example), can you use a non-sony HDD and download the new SOCOM maps? If that is true, I'll be ordering a DMS3 today.

3. rbranma

rbranma Member

yes syph!
    ..then we will play it over xlink and the more people join it,then the more fun we will have!!

..syph,have you got that OPM disc with all 3 maps on it?

4. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

Has anyone tried patching the OPM discs to detect the unofficial HDs? I was thinking that maybe if you patch the discs the maps can be installed without a problem and a patched SOCOM could work online.

But that leads me to another question. Does a patched SOCOM still have access to the HD after it's online?

I believe the problem lies in the map itself. My PS2 is unmodded, but if there's a way to put the files manually on the HD through EXECFTP.ELF if the OPM discs can't be patched, then maybe we'd be able to have SOCOM recognize the installed maps. I'm not sure as to wether ExecFTP can see the Socom 2 partition on the drive. I can't test it out right now since I have no HD to use.

Better yet. Can someone with the maps already installed on the Sony HD try to run EXECFTP.ELF to see if it gives you access to the maps? That would gives us the structure of how Socom manages the maps and also give access to having the maps themselves backed up on your PC to possibly share them with the rest of people.

It's just me thinking. If anyone can try this out though, please do. I don't have access to a Sony HD so I can't do it myself (and there's no way in hell I'm paying for one :p)

5. MadBoomah

MadBoomah Regular member

Also, does anybody know what file does the Socom 2 HDD Fix patch? I was comparing ATAD.IRX files and they're basically the same on all the games I checked. If this is the file used to run this firmware check, then possibly if we place a patched version of it in the OPM discs, then we could possibly have it recognize the non-Sony drive and install the maps.

6. philter

philter Guest

anyone get any further with this? i have hd advance and an unoficial drive and id like to do 2 things!

a. download socom2 maps and play them online (i have original dvd)

b. back up game saves to hdd

are either possible yet without mod chip?