DREAMCAST MODDING

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by cybernet1, Jan 26, 2008.

1. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

HI ALL JUST WANTED TO START A DREAMCAST THREAD FOR ANYONE INTERESTED IN THE DREAMCAST EITHER PLAYING dc GAMES OR PLAYSTATION 1 GAMES ON THIS OLD MACHINE WHICH STILL HAS A FEW GOOD GAMES OUT THERE

2. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

i am ill do some searching and see what i find ive never modded or ownd:) a dreamcast.
    all caps not cool dude.

3. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

hey vimmmy soz bout the caps its not like a mod its just using old games if ne one has any on there old consoles and just burning a program to a disk to make them work its not as difficult as say doing a ps2 or a pap with loadsd of files to use and read meeeess to read lol its just basic but if anyone knows better mods that do more things it might get people to try it to play all their old fav games
    just thought id do wot you said cos ive done all me other consoles and handhelds just trying this one

4. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

HA HA dont mean to rag on you but...
    its Yimmmy :)

Last edited: Jan 26, 2008
  5. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

sorry again lol couldnt see cos of the line under ya name and i need me glasses getting old lolol just looking on another forum there and there is a emulator to play sega saturn games on dreamcast called yabause for dreamcast i no there was one for windows but i got this one it has bin file in it would you just burn this to a cd or do u think i would need to change it to a cdi format dunno if it works just gonna get a saturn game and try it

6. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

7. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

does anyone know a good site to download any dreamcast games?

8. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

hey cannible welcome to my thread didnt think ne one would come here lol i got a fantastic on http://roms.zophar.net/ but only download one part at a time u need to register or there is http://www.dc-downloads.com/ this has load on for different consoles enjoy

9. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

what was the name of that boxing game they had out for the dreamcast, that game was sick.

Update: Ready 2 Rumble

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2008
  10. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

heyyyyyyy mannn thank youuuu soo muchhh you just made my day. those are some really nice websites thank you .

11. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

what emulator so you use ? i have nulldc and its good it plays most of the games i try . the speed and everything is good. i wanted to play the silent scope game i love it but when i load it with null dc the spot on the screen where you shoot is all distorted so you cant play it .

12. yimmmy

yimmmy Regular member

did you try to config it ?

13. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

yea man i config it and it still not working . I just download it again from the sites cybernet shared and it runs perfect on nulldc . do any of you guys have nulldc? i have the bust a move 4 game for dreamcast but i dont know why it dosent start, maybe i need a boot disk to start it up

14. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

they are gud sites aint they lol where did u get null dc from

15. cybernet1

cybernet1 Member

hey vimmmy av you ever put a sata hard drive in ur comp just got one samsung 500gig but it only show 127 gig it doing me head in trying to update my bios or find out if me abit kn9 sli motherboard has 48bit support but cant find anything any ideas on what i can do to get the full 500gig up n running it shows in disk management though lol

16. cannibal6

cannibal6 Member

17. CopperKid

CopperKid Regular member

Hey there,
    I've been modding for a little while now and just recently dug up my old dreamcast. I was thinking about doing some hardware/case mods to the system because I'm bored and too broke to buy newer systems to tinker with. I searched google and I saw where some people had added led's, windows to the lids and paint mods. Were there any other neat mods that could be done? Is there a guide out about how to add led's to the dreamcast? I mean it would be pretty damn cool to have all the DC games on a hard drive and play them off of there ya know even if there's no way to do it.