DRU-500ax problems with dvd media

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by vqueiroz, Jun 18, 2003.

1. vqueiroz

vqueiroz Guest

Hi everybody!!
    I just bough the sony DRU-500ax one week ago and I am having a lot of problems trying to burn DVD's.I am using Sansumg medias and also the provided Sony DVD+RW.
    I have no problem burning CD-R's and even burning small files to the sony DVD+RW but when I try to burn large .VOB files to the samsung media and to the sony media I receive a message that this is not a compatible media, please insert the right...
    I was able to record only one .VOB to these medias but only after trying it 5 times.I also tried the Ritek and was the same.
    Does anyone have any idea??
    Thanks for any help

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Please supply the information about the burning software you are using and version. Also, list the exact error, this may help people to identify with your problem easier.

3. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Yes the sony dru 500ax is not that good. I've had quite a few problems already. I've burned about 80 dvds and now I'm starting to see major problems with it no longer "recognizing" dvds I have been using for most of those 80 burns.

If you just brought it, return it and get your money back.

as for the sony dvd media that comes with it. I've tested it on a couple of burns and each burn was perfect.

Oh yeah, make sure its you and not the burner which is causing the problems. The drive may be fine...

4. raymondo

raymondo Guest

I don't see the problem with the Sony. I have had the Sony 500ax (firmware now 2.0f) a few weeks and had no problems burning about 25 DVD movie backups at 2 speed. I use Smartripper, IFOedit, then burn with Nero. Cannot get it to write 4 speed though. It appears to but still takes same time as 2 speed. (about 30 mins)