DRU500A Multisession Problem

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Bob0000, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Bob0000

Bob0000 Member

I can burn DVD+R's fine on my DRU500A. Then I try to start another session on the disc and that burns fine. However, I cannot see the second session that I burnt, only the first. How can I fix this problem?

2. xgasman

xgasman Member

Check your burning software settings. Multisession has to be enabled in the software.

3. Bob0000

Bob0000 Member

I said in my original post, "Then I try to start another session on the disc and that burns fine." ...the second session burns successfully, I just cannot see anything that is burned.

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Most DVD-Rom drives, even as part of a DVD-R drive, cannot read multisession discs. You should always burn without multisession unless you have a specific drive that can read it. Just because you can burn a multisession doesn't mean to say the drive will be able to read it unfortunately.

5. Bob0000

Bob0000 Member

I've discovered a new problem with this multisessioning. I tried another multisession dvd. This time I wrote 1 gb, then wrote a small 1 kb file. This time I could see the added file. So I wonder if it has something to do with how much space is left...