DRU510a a waste of money for me? hope not!!!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by MoverM, Jun 6, 2003.

1. MoverM

MoverM Member

Hi all,

I've just order my sony dru510a and I'm so excited! However, yesterday, I fugured out it would be a good idea to check if my dvd player (Panasonic DVD-RV32) is able to read DVD-R or something else and here is what is writen:

"Panasonic DVD-R recorded and finalized on a Panasonic DVD video recorder are played as DVD-Video on this unit."

Does this statement is only there to "promote" buying Panasonic Media and burner or I will be able to read DVD-R (like Memorex for example) recorded on my new DRU510a that is coming in next week.

Please, tell me that my (not so cheap) buy is not obsolete now!

Thank you and have a good day!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

The panasonic does not tend to like the +R media, though i do believe it does play certain types of Branded +R. You should not have bought a Sony, go for a Pioneer or NEC 1300

3. jey

jey Member

Your player is compatible with both +R and +RW according to compaibility lists.

I also recently bought a Sony dru-510a and it's great. How can your drive be obsolete if it just came out??

Forget about Pioneer or NEC drives. This drive is the best drive in the market right now. Actually, when it comes to compatibility it's also the best since it can do all 4 formats. If dvd-r doesn't work for you, then try dvd+r.