dso exploit

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by nigeljkuk, Oct 31, 2004.

1. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

hope tis is correct section aploogies if it isnt , help needed please, recently i downloaded real alternative player/classic which i removed when i dioscovered adaware, thinking myself smart having most preventative programs i wasnt worried as spysweeper removed all of it , well so i thought, today i turned on my pc to be confronted by winpatrol telling me my pc had been modified but gave me no real information , i installed spybot and found dso exploit , ran the program but it was still tere , i know spybot has a bug ie error message so i tried a total restore from my dvd ghost backup to find it was still there , apparently lurking undetected on my pc , id have never known but accidently found it , now i need help please to remove it ,can you advise , if i change from explorer to opera can i still keep and use windows media player 9.0 forgive my greeness but my pc knowledge hasnt got around to what can be used with what , i want to salvage my pc thanks

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try adaware6 from lavasoft

3. CJC

CJC Regular member

If you keep getting DSO Expliot (5) Five of them, its a bug in Spybot.
    Dont worry to much about it, and just keep scanning with Adaware, Spybot and Spysweeper and you should be pretty safe.

CJC

4. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

Thanks for the reply , I have been busy since my last post , trawling the net etc , I took plunge restored from ghost backup , but same results ,so restored again methodically ploughed through pc removed items from trusted zones etc ie tesco.net an old isp , and owt else i didnt like the look of ha ha! done a system restore point, arranged for my pc doctor to call , anyway I did find out the following apparently a file has been got at in the registry according to one site something about to fix the problem you have to edit and rename a file in the registry key 1104 delete reg sz value and give it the hex value of 3 way above my wee head , but its annoying when you do take care what you download and you still get zapped I now figured out a recent download of real alternative may have been responsible but that is only a guess as thats the last download i did

5. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

reg valu should read 1004 sorry

6. nigeljkuk

nigeljkuk Guest

tried adaware too, some say its a spybot prob others an internet explorer fault , ive asked my pc engineer to call ,may just do a total reinstall , backup to dvd and painstakingly reinstall all programs, but again it can happen to me it can happen to anyone microsoft should have a patch to fix this

7. CJC

CJC Regular member

Hey

It is a known problem with Spybot.

http://www.safer-networking.org/en/faq/36.html

As i said before, not much to worry about if you have all of Windows Updates like the above says.

CJC