Dual Boot System

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by matinzen, Jan 19, 2004.

1. matinzen

matinzen Member

Hello, I have Windows XP Media Center Edition and want to install SuSE Linux. I went to the SuSE site ftp://ftp.suse.com/pub/suse/i386/current/README.FTP
    and read the instructions, I first downloaded the .iso and tried to burn it to a cd, with nero, and it failed. So I tried to use the floppy boot, that failed to. For the floppy method, each files they said that I needed is just under 1.4mb so there is not enough room to put everything on, would I make a different disc for each one or would I overwrite, and if I do in what order? As for the cd method, how to I burn the .iso to a cd and make it boot. I tried drag and drop but after reading the forums here I realized why that didn't work. In the forum here, the methods are for nero 5, with nero 6 I could not make it work. Also to boot, I just have the cd or floppy in at startup right? Thanks for your help!

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Your problems sounds to be with making the linux discs. I haven`t installed suse, only Redhat but it should make much difference. If you have Nero installed on your computer and you have the iso images on the same computer. All you need to do is just double click on the iso image file in a the Windows explorer view. Ok so go to Start, All Programs, Accessories, and open Windows Exporer. Then go to where the iso images are on your hard drive. if you double click on the iso what it should do is open Nero for you and configure the disc correctly for you to just insert a Cd and burn it. If it doesn`t then right click and in the drop box select open with Nero. Then it will do the same, all you need to do is put a CD in the burner and click to burn.