Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jthorgo, Apr 11, 2005.
can you use dvd shrink and nero for dual dvd burning or is there a specific software required
Shrink doesn't burn, but nero can.
Tha answer is yes but look at DVDDecrypter. I have used it and it worked great. Just use .Iso read> .Iso write
Here are the instructions from the DVDDecrypter site:
1. From the "Mode" menu, select "ISO" > "Read".
2. Put DVD-9 movie disc in drive.
3. Notice where DVDDecrypter is going to save the file.
4. Click the big "Decrypt" button.
5. After it finishes reading now take the DVD-9 movie disc out of the drive.
6. Go to "Mode" > select "ISO" > "Write".
7. Put a blank double layer disc in your DVD burner.
8. Click the little folder icon - "Browse for source file" - and select the MDS file created for you as part of the steps above.
9. Click the big 'Write' button.
Nero can do it but there has been some discussion on various forums about Nero finding the proper layer break. This is why I suggested DVDD. Shrink does it by utilizing Nero to do the burn
Hey jthorgo, did you ask for a program that can burn 2 discs at once or for one that can burn a dual [bold]layer[/bold] disc?
I must have read this one wrong. I thought he was talking about D/L burning and it was a typo mistake he made
It might just be a typo. I guess we'll wait and see.
sorry i meant dual layer dvd burning (1 disk 8.5 GB)
Try using DVDDecrypter as I put the instructions above. If you want to use Shrink and Nero the make the DVD-9 you can.
Separate names with a comma.