Dual layer

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by StormLTU, Dec 20, 2005.

1. StormLTU

StormLTU Member

hey guys tell me plz if xbox supports dual layer DVD... I downloaded jade empire witch was 6Gb and burned into dl DVD.... and when iput into tray it says the tray is empty... Dash:UnleashX, mod chip:EvoX.... thx

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

if you're good at rad tools,you can mod the BIK videos files to make them smaller. OR you can goto balugabit to get dummy files that are BIK vids to replace the large ones in the game. This might make it small enough to put onto a single layer. Also getting rid of the languages that you won't use will save space.

I know you want to keep it on a DL disk,maybe the brand you used doesn't like your xbox. I don't know off-hand on what ones work the best,but maybe pharm around and see what others have used.

3. StormLTU

StormLTU Member

Whel I deleted the language not needed, but what did you say about some RAD tools .... Plz explain wider, where to get, or stuff... And what is that "balugabit"...? Is it a site or a program... Can u plz explain how to convert .BIK files to smaller ones, would beVERY thankful....

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

balugabutt is a site that lists game deletions...very useful.

Rad Tools is a tool that will let you view and convert bik files to avi and mpeg. Then you can use your usuall video editing toools to compress these videos and then using Rad Tools again...convert them back to bik files. So they would be the same vids,only a lesser quality...and taking up less space.

If that doesn't get the game small enough,balugabutt hosts dummy bik files. These are files that are bik video files,but have no data....so the game get to that stage where it plays a video...hits one of these files and just flys right through it. You won't get all the vido cut scenes,but if you really want to play the game off disk,it is sometimes the only way to go.

Mainly google 'Rad Tools' and www.balugabutt.com. Everything else should come to you after that.