1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[?] DUO2 installation on V4 PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by keris, Jul 4, 2004.

1. keris

keris Member

Im thinking of getting this chip and Ive been looking up some stuff on it. The installation is whats been keeping me from getting it (came across this site via looking stuff up.) Before I get to that Im confusedon the 2 different guides for V4 (something with the BIOs). but that aside the problem im concerned with is still the same. it looks like some of the wires to go pins on some IC chips which look pretty hard to do. Could someone tell me how hard those are to solder and about how close those pins are to eachother. Im decent with soldering and have modded PSX's pretty easily, these just look pretty damn hard to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You

a kung-fu mastah

2. daPhoenix

daPhoenix Guest

They are spaced apart pretty well in my opinion. Since you have soldering experience it should not be that hard. It is difficult for me to judge how hard it will be for you though. I have done so many(litterally hundreds) that it does not seem hard to me. Just give it a try. if you cant get it right then let a professional do it for you.

3. keris

keris Member

then again i can always use the multitester on the pins around it and if it goes off then i know something wrong. i wish i remembered to do that the whole way through with my stereo VU meter. Thanks for the help