dvd backup?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by chazim, Oct 16, 2005.

1. chazim

chazim Member

hey...i have a modded xbox and im wondering if its possible to copy a dvd to my xbox and then send it to my pc and make a backup copy of it?

2. phil31169

phil31169 Regular member

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Just wanting to know why you would copy a DVD to your Xbox and then send it to your computer to make a copy of it? if you have a DVD burrner then why copy the movie to your Xbox and then transfer it to your computer? Just copy the movie with your DVD Burrner in your computer.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  4. chazim

chazim Member

because dvds are protected against being burned straight up like that...so i was just wondering if i could somehow do it thru my xbox

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You can get programs like DVD Decrypter which is under the software section of this forum and rip the copy protection off the DVD and onto your computer hard drive and make copies. Or even use a program like AnyVD that runs in the background and takes the copyprotection off so you can make backups of Comercial DVDs as well.

Do some reading in the guides section of this forum and read up on how to do this. You dont need to use your Xbox to do this.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2005