DVD based Camcorders and Microphones

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by 5rabbits, May 2, 2007.

1. 5rabbits

5rabbits Member

I’ve been trying to find a digital camcorder that records to DVDs and has a standard 3.5mm mono/stereo microphone input.

So far I’ve had very little luck and was wondering if anyone here could tell me if there are any that have such a feature. So far the only camcorder I’ve found with this is the Panasonic VDR-D310, it would be nice to have a bit more selection, specially since the VDR-D310 is their most expensive DVD based camcorder. All the Sony cameras I’ve seen only have that strange attachment for the shotgun mic.

Anyway if anybody knows of any DVD camcorder that has a jack for a microphone I’d appreciate any information you could give.

2. 5rabbits

5rabbits Member

In case anyone else is interested in this subject I've also found some Hitachis with the microphone input. The models DZGX3300A-3100A all appear to have microphone mini-jacks. the 3300A appears to be $200 cheaper than the Panasonic I mentioned earlier.

I'm really surprised more DVD camcorders don't offer this feature, I the camera makers don't feel its a feature people want. That or its harder to implement in DVD recorders rather than the miniDV based kind.

Anyway I'd still appreciate any information on the subject.