1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Burner Issue

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by RyanW0615, Jan 15, 2011.

1. RyanW0615

RyanW0615 Member

My DVD burner will not recognize any media that is inserted ever. I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR360E running windows vista. I have no idea what caused this. It worked fine for the longest time and than one day just stopped. I never had Nero installed on my laptop and so I know that isn't an issue and I have tried about 5 different kinds of DVDS. I have the most up to date drivers and all that good stuff as well. Somebody please help, any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2. Berryone

Berryone Regular member

How Old Is Your Burner? You May Want to Just Replace It. It Really Sounds Like The Laser Died. You Could Try One Of Those Laser Cleaning Disc.

Try Some CDs.

3. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

It could be that pile of crap called vista and some bloody drm garbage interacting as they are supposed to... probably from some commercial dvd that thought you might be trying to copy it.. or heaven forbid actually WATCHING it.. thats not allowed you know.. try uninstalling the drive and then rebooting..

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011