DVD cover art, not a question but a answer :)

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by DmmH, Jun 28, 2004.

1. DmmH

DmmH Member

I noticed lotsa people dont know about this site yet, but it has a massive collection of HIGH (most 3000 and up) quality covers, also awesome custom ones

so here it goes:

http://daprogger.mine.nu/

thats all folks :)

ow yeah, its free too

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Looks pretty kewl :)

3. tomertl

tomertl Member

www.cdcovers.cc ALL MOVIE COVERS!

4. DmmH

DmmH Member

cdcovers.cc sux donkey balls
    low quality and a pos to find anything in a way that sane people prefer

5. tomertl

tomertl Member

What!! are you an idiot? Sane people?

There are thousands, and thousands of DVD covers. The same day they are released on DVD (ex: Bad-der Santa) someone posts the cover. Almost ALL mainstream covers are there, and many more obscure films as well.

You sound like a teenager who is just repeating something you heard from one of your idiot friends

6. DmmH

DmmH Member

age flames are so zzzz

what I said about cdcovers.cc is my opinion. if you dont like my opinion, thats your fuckin problem , no need to resort to boring 'flames'

cdcovers.cc is a pos to navigate and it lacks, contrary to what you say, more then enough covers other sites do have

and all the covers are in shitty quality, like I said before

7. forkndave

forkndave Member

I use both of these sites for DVD covers. I go to daprogger first and if they don't have it I'll go to the other one. The cdcovers site does have a lot more covers, but the quality is not as good. The only problem I have with the daprogger site is how long it takes to download. I have a 1.5 Mb/s DSL connection and it sometimes takes an hour or more to download a cover from daprogger. I have downloaded from them at 70KB/s, but it's usually more like 1KB/s or less. It's only with them that I have this problem, so I assume that the problem is on their end. I wish this could be straightened out, because I really like their site.

8. DmmH

DmmH Member

9. forkndave

forkndave Member

I see that you do get much better download speeds from daprogger than I do. There must be a problem someplace between them and me, I guess. I figure they're probably in Europe and I'm not, although that usually doesn't matter that much. Oh well, maybe this problem will go away eventually, since I do occaissionally get a good download speed.

10. BigBoi123

BigBoi123 Member

do they a dvd label for johnny english?

11. DmmH

DmmH Member

yeah, maybe the routing to your lacation is a bit off, happens from time to time.
    I had that on a couple of sites before too

12. forkndave

forkndave Member

Probably. Why don't you look and see?

13. forkndave

forkndave Member

If my last post was confusing, I was referring to the "Johnny English" label. I believe they do have that. I think I downloaded it from them. The main problem with cdcovers.cc is that I sometimes can't read the printing on the back side of the case. Don't have that problem with daprogger.

14. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Whoa people -- PLAY NICE -- if you dont like it -- dont use it, dont be doing that flaming shit around here. :)

15. BigBoi123

BigBoi123 Member

i did look but it said no results. btw i'm lookin for a label of the disc not the case.

16. forkndave

forkndave Member

I think there are several on cdcovers.cc. I must have downloaded one from there then. Actually, the DVD (or CD labels as they call them) aren't too bad from cdcovers.cc. It's in the case labels where daprogger really shines.

17. tomertl

tomertl Member

I am not familiar with the other site referred to in this post. All I know, is that I made over 100 "backups" and there was only one title I had trouble finding, and the quality was good enough, I mean are you try to sell them or something? I used a HP color laser printer to print them, and they look almost flawless. I can read all the fine print perfectly, and there is little to NO blurring. So not sure what you are looking for in quality, but I do know if you print with a color laser they look bad, that I will agree about.

And when I mentioned your age, it's because you have to resort to "fusk this" and " fusk that" to get you point across, so I assumed you were lacking education, and may be young.

18. DmmH

DmmH Member

Dude, you are completely selfowning yourself, the first time I used the 'f' word was after your second reply and not in any of my replies before that. all I said was that cdcovers.cc sux and is a bitch to navigate, which was enough to jumpstart you.

For crying out loud, I started learning PHP/MySQL 3 weeks ago and imo my movie/ cover database is far cleaner and easier then cdcovers.cc ( http://www.dmmh.nl/dvd , under dev.)
    I dont need advertising and stuff, but still, I can do way better then their site, given time to learn the rest of php/ mysql

Your first reply alone wasnt much to begin with and to me it seemed like you hadnt yet, nor have now, tried the url I posted. Which would mean a very biased view and non-willingness to discuss. If thats the case, dont come to a discussion board.

To return to the topic: you should try downloading one of the higher resolution covers and compare the results.
    Which Im sure you wont because you seem to have figured it all out for yourself and others

19. tomertl

tomertl Member

I'm not trying to start a flame war. I agree, I should check out the other site first.

After navigating the http://daprogger.mine.nu/ site I found it to be unbelievably slow, and the downloads take way to long (Especially if you need 50 to 100 and don't have 2 months), the site must be run by someone with 128 kbps upload (transfer rate of 1 kb/sec and less). I do admit the site has a nice layout, but I don't see a huge earth shattering difference in the ease of navigation.

I am trying to DL a cover now, but the site is almost frozen. I'm sure it's bigger and has a higher resolution, but what printer do you use to see a very big difference between a 500k file and a 2MB file?

20. DmmH

DmmH Member

well, the resolution is 4 times as high on most images then the same on cdcovers.cc, so I guess you will notice it :)

too bad you suffer from the same problem as the other guy in this thread, odd
    maybe it will get better