dvd decrypter help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by james111, Jun 26, 2005.

1. james111

james111 Regular member

my friend let me borrow fable and i wanted to make myself a copy so i was looking a forms and it said to use dvd decrypter to pass to hdd then to a dvd thats what i did know it has 2 files in the hdd that only make up 13.g kb was it something i did wrong? or is the game small.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, PC drives cannot read Xbox games, and that is your problem. You need to have your box softmodded or have a chip in it and then ftp(send) the game file either from the Xbox's HD or from the game disc that is in the Xbox's cd/dvd rom drive to your computer's HD. Or you could DL the game if you own it... Check out this little guide, http://webpages.charter.net/modchipzone/backupxboxgames.htm

3. james111

james111 Regular member

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, that guide deals w/ burning to a cd-r disc, and not a dvd disc. Just use DVD Decrypter to burn the ISO file. Here is a little guide on how to do it...

1) Open up DVD Decrypter and click "Mode" then "Iso" then "Write"

2) Browse to find your Xbox ISO and double click it.

3) Now make sure your blank DVD disc is in your DVD burner and make sure to set the burning speed at 1x!

4) Click the write action on the bottom, let it burn the ISO to the DVD disc, and your done!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2005
  5. james111

james111 Regular member

i got 2 Qs
    1.is there anythin wrong tht my iso file is 13.6 mb?

2.how do i iso a xbox game?

6. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Well, the problem w/ that 13.6 mb Xbox ISO is that it is a 13.6 mb. An average Xbox game is around 2-3GB big.

You need to have your Xbox modded in some way in order to get your Xbox games onto your PC.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2005
  7. james111

james111 Regular member

i have first to fight on my pc but its not isoed whitch program can i use to iso it?

8. james111

james111 Regular member

+ in side the game folder theres 25 .rar files and a .nfo and a .sfv file

9. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, make sure you the program called [bold]winrar[/bold] downloaded and installed on your computer before you begin anything. Take the very first .rar file inside of the game folder and open it up. Inside of that .rar should be an ISO of the game. Extract that ISO anywhere you want on your PC. Then all you have to do is follow my instructions on how to burn that ISO using DVD Decrypter.