1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd decrypter

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jpreyes, Oct 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PY2000

PY2000 Member

Hi PacMan777, Thank you again, for the input and assistance. Clearly, you are a much more advanced ripper than I. I have never done anything similar to what you do, I wish I could, but time and the ease of RipIt4Me has worked best, for me. I think I require a course of some kind. For example, I'm not certain what you meant "Transcode the cleaned source files, encode them or burn to DL, your choice." Are you saying I should run DVD Fab and then DVD Shrink? It sounds to me, by what you're sharing, that I have many options available to me, of which I've never taken advantage, and I certainly would like to learn more.

Presently, I simply use RipIt4Me in 1-Click Mode, where it moves through DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink. After it's created the Back-Up file, I burn using ImgBurn that's all. My current problem has to do with when it moves to DVD Decrypter, where I receive the error messages I mentioned previously, in my first post. Is there a setting I may need to change in DVD Decrypter to rid myself of the errors?

Thank you, again! PY2000

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

RipIt4Me uses it's own settings for DVD Decrypter. I have DVD Decrypter with the decryption turned off, from when I used to use it with AnyDVD. It still decrypts with RipIt4Me. You got what I was saying. Decrypt with DVDFab Decrypter which copies your source files to the hard drive. Those are what I referred to as "cleaned" source files. Open the DVDFab HD Decrypter processed files in DVD Shrink. Transcode is the process of shrinking to fit a DVD5 (4.7) disc. Encoding is another process for fitting larger files to the smaller DVD5. Different software, so we'll not get into that right now. If you burn to a dual layer (DL) disc there's no need to transcode (shrink) the source files. DL holds about 8.5GB.
    So, try decrypting with DVDFab HD Decrypter, open the files in Shrink, run Shrink as you did before and burn your output. DVDFab HD Decrypter + DVD Shrink + <burner>, use just those and leave the rest out of the mix and see what happens. Remember to use the latest DVDFab.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Remember though that the file size on media for single & dual layer is deceiving then what's stated on the label. Dual layer actually holds 7.95 gig and single layer 4.38 gig - give or take a few mbs for the lead in/lead out.

4. jpreyes

jpreyes Member

ok well i was having the problems with the power calibration error and got a new media and its been working fine well i have all these old media dvds so out of curiosity i tried the same ricoh ones and now it worx why do you think thats happening

5. binkie7

Ok so the new media isn't working after you tried using the Ricoh again?
    Same error -power calibration?

6. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Binkie,
    My understanding was just the opposite. The new media worked and then jpreyes checked the old media and it started working again.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2007
  7. binkie7

lol - I totally misread that one.
    My guess then is you ran into a bad batch of them.

8. jpreyes

jpreyes Member

no the exact same dvd that didnt work i put in a new media after that it worked then that same one right after that and it did work

9. jpreyes

jpreyes Member

hey pacman777 you where saying that dvdvdecrypter is not good for vista i also get that dvdplayback mode error everytime i close out of decrypter and i also some times get blue screens and im thinking that it might be why cause it always says a newly installed program may not be installed correctly should i use some thing other than dvd decryptor to burn images if so what and how please i really dont know much about this

10. binkie7

Use the updated burn engine of decrypter - ImgBurn

11. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

jpreyes
    PacBink... oh... that was binkie7 read my mind. LOL

She's right on the freeware burner though. ImgBurn is the updated burner software from DVD Decrypter by the same author, Lightning UK. He's been keeping it updated as needed and making improvements along the line. I can't think of any large retail companies that haven't upgraded for Vista. Nero and VSO work and the DVD backup specific software from companies like Slysoft and DVDIdle are updated as well.

12. jpreyes

jpreyes Member

well i started the imgburn and so far all good thanx i just cant use any of the ricoh media do you know if imation would be any good

13. binkie7

I'd pass on them. Another brand name that uses different manufacturers.
    All I use is Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim and Sony. With these I can't remember the last time I had a coaster.

14. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Most of the variety stores carry Sony. I'm fond of the +R, especially since it booktypes to DVD-ROM. It doesn't matter if it's the TY manufactured in Japan or the Taiwanese manufactured by Sony. I've used both with excellent results. Verbatim uses different manufacturers, but usually the more reputable ones, i.e. Taiyo Yuden (TY) and Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation (MMC). It pays to occasionally ID your media even when using the same brand. It may not always be the same. Like Binkie says, most of the name brands made in Japan are safe bets. In the past I've used a lot of Ricoh media and it didn't cause a problem. I'm not sure, but some of the older Verbatim I had may have been Ricoh. Ricoh has produced a lot of media for different brands. But things change. Memorex proved that. LOL

15. Spiral216

Spiral216 Guest

Well I fixed my own problems :) DVD Decrypter as we all know is not being updated and Im sure that is the problem. Nothing would burn with it anymore, even ImgBurn wouldnt work. I know still use the same method with a different burning software. I backed up Transformers, Hostel 2, and others using Shrink3.2 first then burned with CloneDVD and anydvd in the background. I didnt even have to update my firmware. Im sure I will have to sooner or later though. Thanks for all the help.

16. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

I have a question. Does anyone know how to make ImgBurn automatically start the burning process after Shrink finishes doing what it has to do? In Shrink there's an option to use enable burning in Nero(see pic). I would like to use ImgBurn instead.
    Thanks in advance.
    [​IMG]

17. binkie7

Hey newtechie
    Download and extract this .exe to the dvd shrink folder in program files - link.

This will give you the option to auto burn w/ ImgBurn.

18. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

Hi binkie,
    I followed your instructions but unfortunately don't see the option to burn with ImgBurn.

19. binkie7

Oops - mea culpa - I should have posted better instructions.
    Extract the folder from the rar file to like our desktop - then copy and paste the .exe in the dvd shrink folder. You should get a warning about over-writing the file - click yes.
    The folder is probably in the dvd shrink so just move it then copy the .exe from it into the dvd shrink folder.

20. newtechie

newtechie Regular member

That's what I did the first time. The option is still not there :-(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.