DVD PRinting Question. Really Need some help

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by headcase, Dec 2, 2009.

1. headcase

headcase Regular member

My Epson Rx 595 died on me. The repair guy I took it to said it would cost more to fix than replace. This is the second Epson thats had this problem. I'm looking at getting an HP instead this time. But I've been reading how thr sftware for HP isnt that good. My question is wil the Epson software work with the HP. Or is there another jsut as good software to work with it. Also is it true you have to close the tray door after every print? I'd appreciate any help is making this decision. Thank you.

2. dailun

dailun Active member

"The repair guy I took it to said it would cost more to fix than replace."

This is true for any inkjet printer that you buy. I don't want to hijack this thread with an economics lesson about the inkjet printer industry but suffice it to say that inkjet printers are sold at far below what they cost to make.

With regard to HP's DVD printers, you will be paying a substantial premium to print DVDs using HP printers.

It is a shame that you are having such bad luck with Epson. I am on my 5th Epson DVD capable inkjet printer (2) R260, (1) R280 and (2) RX595. The R280 and RX595s are both going strong. The 260s gave out after me working them to death. If you are in Europe, you might consider Canon as an alternative.