DVD+R dl compatible rewriter not burning 360 iso?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by sandy10, Aug 7, 2007.

1. sandy10

sandy10 Member

Hi,i have recently bought (like everyone it seems!) a Samsung SH-D162C and flashed it with Kreon 0.81 and it reads like a dream in conjunction with xbox backup Creator.The very first time i set it up underneath my Philips PBDV1660P1 dual layer writer i got the Sammy to read my original retail copy of Gears of War to my pc hdd and then burnt it using my Philips and the very latest ClonCd incarnation with Infiniti 360 Dual layer media and it worked like a treat in my flashed 360.Now i have tried many different games and they all fail in some way or another and it seems to be totally random! I could try My Virtua tennis 3 originall 3 times and once it will complete successfully (apparently!) but when i put it in my 360 it asks me to clean the disc but please note that only once apart from Gears of war has a game reached 100% Sometimes they stop at 0% and simply say
    "failed to burn to PhilipsPBD..." others might reach 75 %.I have had them at #%,$5% all over the place really.Another bizarre twist is that although i have tried about 7 different titles from my own library of original games and only gears of war works,i have made 5 successful copies out of 7 attempts with only 1 failing midway and the other about an hour ago.Could anyone take a minute to help me out if at all possible,i don't expect a miracle people just a few positive thoughts or suggestions on what could be the cause as i'm really fed up with it all!
    I am quite pc literate and so will not give in until i have it sorted out and solved but i'm new to 360 stuff.
    I am coming to the conclusion after about 48 hrs working on it with about 7 hrs taken out for sleep (seriously) that if ALL else fails i will buy a new writer but my Philips burns everything else like a dream.Only half an hour ago i backed up a copy of mt Resident Evil 4 fro the Ps2 without ANY problems.Its almost as if it dosn't do dual layer but apparently it does,i have never actually burnt a dual layer in it before now,gears of war was the first dual layer copy that has ever been done on it BUT IT WORKED!!!
    Is it possible for burners to create faults with specific file types or would a fault effect all written media? I have checked and it states that it supports DVD+R dl which is what i am using.
    Also i'm sure i read that the Samsung drive cant read dual layer!? If so is that why the kreon is needed because when i put a blank DVD+R dl into my Sammy it makes some funny noises and then if i try and open the disc contents by double clicking it just says please insert a disc into e (my Sammy drive).Please don't misread me i don't personally think that Sammys the problem but if you could also confirm if this is the norm or not,on top of the other 500 issues i have asked for help with i end up with a correct image which is confirmed by "DVD Mulleter".
    I'm sorry if i'm asking alot its just that having only tuned into your forum over the last year i feel like ive found a little gold mine! I really need your help,i love all this kind of stuff but having only got into it during the last gen i'm fairly inexperienced and i have spent alot of money buying everything from Sammy to VIA chipsets,sata cables.
    Even the discs cost a small fortune!
    I would appreciate your help immensely and believe me,ill never take this forum for granted.I have had lots of problems and no one place to go and trust in what i learn.
    Cheers.

2. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

it could be the media... i dont have that many failed burns with the discs i have which are some ultra cheap bulqpaq ones... but sometimes i have the dirty disc error with some of the more demanding games like oblivion. i know the infinit discs say xbox 360 but tha dont neccassarily mean there all that good. i have been reccommended verbatim which i am going to start using for the games which arent working well on my cheaper media.