DVD-R Formatting and Finding XBox Game Files

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by 1Journey, Oct 28, 2005.

1. 1Journey

1Journey Member

Followed all instructions in guide to copy xbox games.(great guide, best I found by far.) When I go to access the game files in FlashFXP-D:, all I get are the video files from the 2nd side of disc that tell you to play the disc in the Xbox. No game files.What am I doing wrong?? Also, if i want to burn to DVD-R I'm given a message that my disc is not formatted. What's that about?? Thanks for any help given.

2. Bohefus

Bohefus Regular member

Are you connecting and seeing all the partitions? C D E (F & G with larger hd) X Y Z ? What dashboard are you using? Try using a different dashboard or a different version of FlashFXP.Does it do it with all the discs you put in your drive?

3. 1Journey

1Journey Member

Tried some other games and they gave me the game files. The one that didn't was Ninja Gaiden. Anyone else had problems with this game. I have the samsung drive in my Xbox so (from what I've been told) I need to burn to DVD-r. I've tried alcohol 120% and Nero 6 and both tell me there is no disc in my drive when I go to burn the game on this type of media. Any suggestions??

4. UGBIT

UGBIT Member

Does your drive support DVD-R? I have troubles with my NEC drive and trying to burn to DVD-R DL discs. Majority of drives like the +R stuff.