DVD RAM to CPU... How?!?

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by calpoly, Nov 23, 2005.

1. calpoly

calpoly Member

I have a Panasonic VDR-M50PP DVD Video Camera. I recorded some video onto a 1.4 Gb RAM disc and am now trying to get the video onto my computer so I can watch/edit it. I tried simply putting the RAM disc into my 2 dvd drives but that didn't work, I guess I have to specifically have a DVD-RAM drive to do that? Next I connected my camera to my computer using the USB cable, a drive was added to My Computer but I still could not see any files at all, in fact it showed up as a CD Drive. My camera came with software, one is a DVD-RAM driver and another is DVD MovieAlbum SE. I thought the RAM driver would allow me to see content on RAM discs?? Could the problem be that I did not logically format the RAM disc before I recorded on it? I don't think I can do that unless I have a RAM drive right? Help, I'm so confused!!

Thanks.

2. calpoly

calpoly Member

Ok, I figured out how to get the video to my computer through the USB. Unless told otherwise I'm assuming a DVD RAM [bold]DRIVE[/bold] is required to read the RAM discs. So I'll just continue to use the USB for now. Next question is that the video is a .VRO file, is there software out that will allow me to edit/burn these files to a regular DVD-R ? Thanks.