1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Read Error 349

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by littleduk, Apr 2, 2009.

1. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Hi Guys,

I just installed Homebrew and have a Gamma backup launcher installed using tutorials in here and thanks to 'Fibre' helping me

I downloaded an ISO of a game I have to save me ripping as I dont have the appropriate drive to rip with but read most burners can burn if you do it slow and have a pioneer 113d..

So I downloaded my ISO and its Pal like i need and i read if they were in ISO format they didnt need patching and could be burned right to disc.

I dont have verbatims but do have several kinds of DVD-r I found I didnt realise I had and gave the burning a go using imgBurn and nero, both burn the iso with no error at the slowest speeds but when i run my Backup launcher and put in the disc it says DVD read error 349

Do I need to patch these ISO's to run with my Backuploader or do I still need a Mod Chip as well as the Homebrew Backup loader?

Im getting muddled with talk of using a WiiKey and patching, do I need to do this with downloaded ISO's?

I know there is a sticky with bits in it but as I say Im getting muddled with all the different info and each post seems to have a different issue from mine i dont see anything else..

Any comments appreciated to get me going.
    Thanks again

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

We need more info.

What Backup launcher version are you using?

What guide did you follow?

What are all the files you have installed (cIOS etc. etc.).

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  3. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Hi Thanks for your reply,

I followed the tutotials listed in here link below and added all the files suggested and also did the October Fix on the link in the tutorial and used the files they link too also.

Link to Tutorial in here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/735325

Thanks again

4. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

So In all I used

HBC_+_WiiGator_0.3_gamma_GC_Support < Downloaded from here
    IOS36-64-v1042.wad Got From Google
    WG_03_Backup_Launcher_Channel.wad < In download

On the Wii Fix Guide I downloaded the files on offer there too
    and googled for IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad

I first followed the steps in here to install Homebrew Channel http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/735325

Then I went here
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=572be6275e9d6c80bf00c2b65e5f85c1&showtopic=112945

Then I added: Wii Gator Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma:
    following the tutorial here..

I had a couple of hicups.. I Didint have my wirless network running and it stalled on me but with some help I got through each step with no errors.

I now have a homebrew channel, a wii backup loader and a Wad loader on my main wii start screen,

If i try the new back up loader with a proper non back up game it loads that...

The ISO I downloaded of the same game when burned and ran through the same backup loader i have on the main wii screen generates a DVD read error as stated earlier.

Im wondering if I may have made an error and could I re do any of the steps in either tutorial to be double sure I got things right or if its perhaps down to poor media? I know when I did a few Xbox 360 games I could only user verbatim or I got a coaster is this the same case or does that error mean anything else?

Any thoughts are appreciated.
    Thanks

5. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you followed the Oct fix first. Then went back and followed the rest of the guide to install cIOS/WiiGator etc. etc. then all should work.

You might want to try different media and burn at 4X with IMGBurn.

6. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Thanks larrylje,

Im hoping its the media..
    I will have to wait and get some verbatims then I guess and try again..
    Cheers :)

7. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

As larrylje says, try another media, everything you did was correct also if you launch the gamma loader in HBC you should be able to see IOS249 at the bottom of the screen this is an indication that you loaded the cios rev8/rev9. again try the verbatim -R.

8. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Thanks Guys,
    I have noticed in my Wii settings my Firmware still shows as 3.4 should this not have changed to a lower version?

Thanks again

9. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Hi Fibre,
    Yes when I launch that Gamma Loader on the bottom of the screen it says

Backup Launcher 0.3 gamma, IOS249

10. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

Yes most user having 349 error is due to media problem, if you can borrow from a friends you can verify that the hack works, as far as the display you did not downgrade the firmware only IOS so it is correct that it will display 3.4.

11. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Mind you when I go into the wii shop it just goes to a black screen and im connected to the net, before it warned about wanting to do an update now its not loading?

I followed the steps to do the shop fix on the tutorials too so maybe I have messed summat up?

Or should the shop not work now?

Thanks again

12. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

No the ios50/51 no longer works due to 4.0 is out you need the ios60/61. Is your region USA or europe? if US there a fix if EU or japan there is NO fix. only way is to upgrade to 4.0.

13. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Oh well then thats to be expected then Im in the UK

14. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

try to install/play around on WAD games, or wiiware...google..
    make sure its PAL..

about wii shop just put at the last page..

15. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Thanks Fibre,
    What do you mean put the shop on the last channel?

I will have a look on google as you suggest,
    Im emtying a laptop USB hard drive just now to have a go at dumping a game to a drive and running from there, Ive read a few threads on this and I guess its as good a way to make a back up on a usb drive?

Thanks again

16. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

by pressing A and B at the same time you can move a channel to the last page or what ever location you want. so that wii shoppng would not bother you.

17. larrylje

larrylje Active member

@littleduk

If you go to the guide you used at first HERE. I have included a link to follow that will update your Wii to 4.0 firmware.

It gives you 2 methods to update. Method 1 works on all regions. Method 2 only works with USA and EUR not JAP.

You may have to refresh the page to see the updated information on the guide.

18. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Hi larrylje

What will doing this do, I steered clear of it as it was said to be riskey....??

19. fiber32

fiber32 Regular member

you can play games from the SD like WAD, but I suggest stay familiar first with the gamma loader and WADs and some apps don't rush in 3.4.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/761001

risky if you missed some step there's coming back.

20. littleduk

littleduk Regular member

Thanks Fibre,
    I did notice Nintendo emailed me in the console offering new SD features and wanted me to update again.. Its so tempting lol

Anayways I will steer clear a wee while till Im sure of what Im doing and see if the coders who are making all this software advance any and make things easier with GUI's would be nice. I have all the pages bookmarked and will be a regular here for a bit untill I get my bearings better....

So for just now How do I load or run a WAD game fibre? Is there a post anywhere ? Or Do I just put them in the Wad folder on my SD card and use the Wad Manager to install/run them?

Thanks again