1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder with CCE Basic Vs. DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by neilm247, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!

[bold]Edited do to the the next predicted post[/bold]
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  2. brian100

brian100 Guest

[bold]Edited, due to removal of previous post.[/bold]

vans12

There is a "testing" thread here, if you're interested :-

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/82901

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Beware of the flowers, cos I'm sure theyre gonna get you, yeah!" John Otway, Wild Willy Barrett[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2004
  3. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]unedited[/bold]

Ok brian you're right. (btw you might want to copy and paste this before I edit).

Vans!

You must first find an image that speaks to you (I recommend nothing Australian). Right click on it and it'll give you its ISP address (url). copy it and paste it into a text file such as notepad, or MS Word or save the web page and do it later.

Now go to "my account" in the AD tool bar, above just to the right,(avoiding obnoxious Australians along the way) and while still not being caught in the auspicious yet fickle gaze of an annoying Austrailian you will choose from "down below," and down under where it says function, you will see a box that says signature. That's where you put your URL.

Copy and paste the web address you copied after right clicking on the image you chose, and paste it in that box. Now to get it to work as an image you go to your keyboard and look just right to the letter P, and you'll notice there are some bracket images. do this.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must
    _
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

5. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hmm!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

vans12

I wasn't nice and if you need help ask me. BTW avoid Australians.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

7. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Good night to you brian and to all you folks from "down under."

8. brian100

brian100 Guest

Nice little demo Sophocles. I have been tempted to have a signature pic, for a while, but have decided against it. But thanks for the tip anyway.

Long live the Aussies!!.

PS Nice cute little kangaroo !. Makes me go all weak knee'd.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"Beware of the flowers, cos I'm sure theyre gonna get you, yeah!" John Otway, Wild Willy Barrett[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2004
  9. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brian

You're welcome to the Kangaroo and I was just kidding, I love Austraians.

10. brian100

brian100 Guest

Soph

Good news about the Aussies. To me, they have THE best "sense's of humour" I have seen. Long may it continue.

Idle banter, off topic rubbish, over and out.

11. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brian

I'm a teacher and I get the summer off and I may oneday find my way "down under." And you asked if any of us in the US ever sleep?
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  12. bigorange

bigorange Active member

[bold]THE best "sense's of humour" I have seen. Long may it continue. [/bold]

Brian, damnit,you do not, damnit, we do damnit!!!!
    and we can take it as well, damnit! BTW, did you hear the one about the Austrailian farmer's daughter? Well it seems..........heh heh heh
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHS 832S dual layer[/small]

13. f1drake

f1drake Member

14. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Another convert!!!

When I first heard about RB-CCE I did a google, and ended up at doom9 (I didn't think to look for a guide at AD first). The doom9 instructions failed miserably, and so I gave up. And then I got wind of vurbal's guide ... and so began a new era of backups.

15. siber

siber Regular member

You guys may be familiar with this software already. I used "Magnifying Glass", a free little tool you can find all over the net, to compare the two images. With it you can tell which one is the copy but otherwise it is very difficult.

If anyone is interested, you can find it at: http://magnifier.sourceforge.net/

CCE is undeniably the best, except...for some...

16. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Thanks siber I'll give it a try, and bigo's wife will be happy that it's free for once.

17. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

[bold]CCE is undeniably the best, except...for some...[/bold]

Come on siber let's spill it.

18. f1drake

f1drake Member

My two images might be slighty different only because the captures were not taken at the same exact time. They are second apart at most. Either way they may look slighty different when viewed whole but zoom all the way in. The pixels in the CCE picture are just as clear and solid as the original.

19. siber

siber Regular member

Hi, Sophocles.

Don't go looking for controversy now or I'll get mad and throw a completely irrational temper tantrum.

I was just implying that 'some' will always disagree, regardless of the facts. You know better than I do how somebody often wanders in and throws everybody for a loop saying that 'in their experience 'D...y2'(just an example) is crap and what they are using, 'InstantDVDSuperProEXPlusDeLuxe', is much better.

20. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

siber

I'm a changed man, and I wasn't looking for controversy with you, besides you don't seem to need my help you get there just fine on your own. I was just curious as to what the "except some...," meant. we don't see you around much anymore and I thought maybe you'd come upon another back up system that I hadn't heard of.

Now go in peace, and drop in once in a while.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]