1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder with CCE Basic Vs. DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by neilm247, Jun 7, 2004.

1. bigorange

bigorange Active member

DANG, I tried 'InstantDVDSuperProEXPlusDeLuxe',and it IS much better, it does require a pentium X proceessor and 820g' of HD, well worth it. The results are fantastic! Takes 30 seconds and your done at 78% compression I could no tell the difference of that and the original.

Blows RB/CCE out of the water, you guys are living in the past. Here's the link:www.bullshit.com

2. siber

siber Regular member

Thanks for the complement, Sophocles, from now on I am Mr. Controversy. I've just been busy. After a long hiatus, I went back to work. I still manage to catch the AD virus on a regular basis.

As a result of being infected with that virus, I got burned recently. It is not enough for me to have 10 or 12 different DVD rippers and burners, I had to go look for a 13th one.

I downloaded and paid for a program called 'DVDPRO Ex' which, supposedly allowed you, among other things, to easily copy any part or fragment(in real time) of a DVD. It was marketed by a company out of Pakistan: 3MB Technologies.

Well, the program is so bad that I haven't been able to do anything with it, it specializes in spitting out just a string of error messages...In addition to that, the website has vanished and Emails remain unanswered.

Interestingly a lot of websites still offer it, even though the download link has been down for over a week...

So, stay away from DVDPRO Ex by 3MB Tech and just wait for the latest update of SHRINK. BTW, wasn't that due last week?

Hi, bigorange. I read you all over the place. You must be expecting a promotion soon...

3. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Ummm. Rough crowd. No prisoners. Ummm. :)

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2004
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

bigo's never forgiven me for being promoted within hours of his last promotion. He now figures if he doesn't sleep at night and feeds on blood that he'll get the recognition he feels he deserves.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

5. bigorange

bigorange Active member

I need the blood, the promotion is just a cover.

The blood is what runs the X processor in order to do the 30 second results with 'InstantDVDSuperProEXPlusDeLuxe', my poor poor wife she is but a shadow of her former self, but hell that includes burn! HA HA HA Sacrifices must be made! The search goes on for the perfect software with 5 sec. analysis, 15 sec. transcodoing,10 sec. burn-voila 30 sec total with the copy actually improving the original.

So here in AD I lurk, and lurk and lurk.......for it is people who have given up who's blood works best, anybody frustrated with errors 0003 and 0004 yet in Rebuilde/CCE?

mmooooaaaaaahahahaha!!!!!

PS- hey siber, just trying to help the noobs, no law against that is there? This shrink beta testing has actually kept my posts way down in recent days. NO #1 rule, stay off the net while backin' up dvd's.

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

That supports everything I've come to know about bigo's recent participation here at AD. My experiences at AD tell me that bigo never sleeps. I know, because I used to see him here all the time, that is until he began beta testing.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth." Sherlock Holmes (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, 1859-1930)[/small]

7. bigorange

bigorange Active member

sigh, how true how true, sigh

8. 64026402

64026402 Active member

You just need a spare computer for internet access while the dvds are processing. I just use the notebook to access the forums and preiodically check the office computers.

9. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Cool. I think you'll have a hard time finding a higher quality backup tool... as it is my firm belief that it doesn't exist.

Of course I am a little prejudiced.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2004
  10. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

jdobbs

That's OK we're all predjudiced in DVD-RB's favor. I can't imagine using anything else and we all await each new release, just keep up the good work.

11. brobear

brobear Guest

jdobbs
    If you are responding to questions here, I have one. Several people have had problems with Buffer Overrun errors, #0004. Most have reverted to the older version of CCE Basic and cured the problem. Is there a cure for the problem while using CCE Basic 2.69 or is it a necessity to use the older version? Do you know what the cause of the buffer overrun is and will there be a fix for it?

12. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

The buffer overrun is an indicator that there is a problem with the source material. It is pretty much always a result of someone running a 3rd party software package against the source before running DVD-RB making the source corrupt.

Another source of the error is when the encoding has been interrupted in some way on one of the segments and the .M2V file is short.

I use CCE Basic version 2.69.01.09 and have never gotten the error.

13. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Another recommendation on the Error 0004. Make sure you are using AVISYNTH Version 2.5.4 -- the beta release of 2.5.5 has problems that are known to cause the error 0004.

14. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Thanks. I've been unable to do any updates for a while -- the paying job got in the way... I'll be out-of-town for the next week. I may possibly release a bugfix update today, but expect to see a new version sometime during the first week of August.

15. brobear

brobear Guest

jdobbs
    I hadn't heard about the Avisynth version problem. Guess I wasn't paying close enough attention.

But the problem occurred after a fresh rip with DVD Decrypter before any files could be corrupted. Is there a decryption process you would suggest?

For clarification purposes, you said:

Would you give an example of a 3rd party software being run against the source? Are you saying using the file for another transcoder would somehow damage it for use with RB/CCE?

16. bigorange

bigorange Active member

jdobbs, by 3rd party, could you possibly be referring to DVDremake? As good as RB is, anytime you can reduce your file size it has to improve the outcome and remake works so well with RB/CCE.

The only time I ever got errors 0003 or 0004 was when I used DRM before going into RB/CCE. However, since I changed to CCE 2.67 from 2.69 I haven't had the problem. There must be some correlation.

Others have done the same thing with the same results. This is the 1st I've heard of the avisynth problem. I do have v 2.5.4, thanx for the tip, I'll leave things status quo.

I've had one error since switching to 2.67 and that was my fault in remake. Coincidence?

While I don't use Rebuilder for everything, any movie over 2 1/2 hours it's my main "thang". It is without a doubt the best software there is (or at least that I know of) for reducing large files down to 4.36 DVD.

Thank you for such a fine product! BTW, here at AD we are converting more and more to it's advantage.
    _
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHS 832S dual layer[/small]

17. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

Only if the preprocessing removes video without correcting the timing headers.

18. jdobbs

jdobbs Regular member

There's still lots to do. Glad you're getting some good use out of it.

19. 64026402

64026402 Active member

The main problem was never source related but a difference in the way rebuilder handles edited files.

Other programs could make a DVD from DVDremake output but DVDrebuilder could not. It would seem to happen sometimes on films with more agressive menus and extras.
    I have found some changes in procedure and work arounds for the errors I have received. So far so good.

Removing menus referencing the removed extras from the main movie title set was the latest.
    It just means I can get the size down for best quality and keep the menus on the larger DVDs.

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]Donald

[​IMG][/small]

20. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

I like DVD Shrink 3.2 (Just finished backing up LOTR 3 with it) but, I still think that DVD-RB/CCE gives better results, maybe if DVD Shrink's author makes it possible to encode w. CCE then, it may get an edge over DVD-RB but, until you can use CCE with Shrink, RB will remain King of 1-click encoders.