1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Rebuilder with CCE Basic Vs. DVD Shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by neilm247, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

Sorry that i have 3 posts in a row, my web browser refreshed it self twice when it was sending my reply.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 2500-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  2. Pop_Smith

Pop_Smith Regular member

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]My Comp:
    Dell Dimension 8100
    Pentium 4 1.3 GHZ
    640 MB RAM
    40 GB HDD
    120 GB HDD
    Nvidia GeForce 2 64MB
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz Sound Card
    NEC 2500-A
    Windows XP Home[/small]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2004
  3. brobear

brobear Guest

Pop_Smith

It is sort of a given that CCE outperforms other programs for what it does. Comparing DVD Shrink with CCE is like comparing apples and oranges. Shrink is a good program that is easy to learn and user friendly. CCE requires a steeper learning curve and even with rebuilder is no where as easy to use as Shrink.

Don't get me wrong, I've seen the results of RB/CCE and the quality is very good. There is a time and effort input for that quality.

DVD Shrink, in 3.2 with quality settings checked and deep analysis running, takes more time than the older versions. It still rips the program and automatically sets the burn. It can still function as a ripper alone, sending files or an ISO image to HD.

I wonder where this comparison of these 2 programs can really go. Quality of video goes to RB/CCE. More problems can be associated with RB/CCE, as it is still beta. Ease of function across the recording processes goes to Shrink. And the price of Shrink when taken as a factor is no contest. [bold]This sort of sums it up, so where is the comparison to be made? Quality: RB/CCE ; Ease and Sure Functionality: DVD Shrink[/bold]
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2004
  4. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Ah! yes but once you get it set up properly it becomes a one click operation.

5. brobear

brobear Guest

I pretty much know only what I've read. My personal experience with RB/CCE is ongoing. I do notice that one has to rip the files for use and once the files are prepared imported into the program. Once the files are encoded, then they have to be sent to another program for burning. Yes, the process for encoding becomes a one-button process once everything is set up.

And when set up and working properly, RB/CCE is easy to use. No dispute.

And when Shrink is set up properly, everything is done within the one program, even though it uses an external burner. That should be an option they attach to the finished RB, automatic burning with the program of choice.

[bold]What I was saying is these programs are different enough, they don't fall into an easy category for comparison. They fill a different niche in the DVD hobby.[/bold]

6. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brobear

open DVDrebuilder and then go to the top tool bar and select mode. Go down the list until you come to one click mode and check that. Now all you have to do after you've ripped the file is to load into DVDrebuilder and then click transcode and it'll go through the entire process without any need for your attention. After that just burn it and your done.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

Pensees Section III: of the Necessity of the Wager[/small]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2004
  7. brobear

brobear Guest

Sophocles
    In my windy sort of way, wasn't that what I said? That the program is easy to encode with once set up.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][bold]'brobear'[/bold]

[​IMG][/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2004
  8. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brobear

Yes, I just thought I'd provide the steps in case someone should read our post.

9. brobear

brobear Guest

Good idea, we don't want to confuse anyone.

10. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey guys, good to be back.

brobear, good idea to include auto burning with rebuilder, but really it's not to much hassle to open Nero's burn express and just add the entire rebuilder folder and hit burn. Done in 10 minutes.

Soph, I see you are keeping the threads running smoothly, good idea on a thread to deal with RB/CCE problems.

PS- just saw a post in Doom 9 stating the new shrink blew RB/CCE out of the water on LOTR-ROTK. I'm as happy as anyone over the new shrink's quality and I especially love the retention of menu fuctionality with editing, but come on! I believe objective testing went out the window on this one. DUH!
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG] [bold]GO VOLS![/bold]..Dell Media4600, XP,Pentium 4 @2.80GHz/800Mz,512MB,280HDw/8MB,17" flat panel,AIO-A920,8xDVD-ROM,integrated 5.1 audio, HPdc4000,PlextorPX-708UF,LiteOn SOHW 832S dual layer[/small]

Last edited: Jul 27, 2004
  11. brian100

brian100 Guest

Hey Bigo

I have to admit, and I had to look twice but :-

I did a comparative test with LOTR Two towers on both CCB/RB & IC8 and the results, to me, looked very very similar. This is an isolated example for me as CCE/RB usually destroys the opposition EASILY.

I personally can't believe the ROTK results (from DOOM9) can be taken at all seriously. Guess theres a load of people testing their results on smaller TV's & dodgy monitors out there!

12. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

brian100

You might want to go back and read the responses to the suggestion that DVD Shrink blew DVD-RB/CCE out of the water. I'm glad I didn't make it, I've stirred enough hornets nests already and I wouldn't want the backlash that will follow that one.

13. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Sophocles...do you have a link to this by any chance?

14. bigorange

bigorange Active member

Hey "m8",

how goes it? For me you still have to go a long way to beat IC 8(I believe you turned me on to that, didn't ya? heh heh)
    Especially since I have started using DVDRemake to edit 1st then go into IC 8 as I never cared for it's re-authoring abilities. Results are indeed close to RB/CCE.

I used to think DVDCopy 2 had it beat just on time constraints alone, but since I now get those damn white pixels it has now become a crap shoot. I think Sophocles suggestion to only use it only on newer movies may be the key to that problem, cos when it works the quality is definitely there and in 30-45 minutes!

In the end tho, if it's 2 1/2 hours plus, RB/CCE is the app for me.

PS- I like your use of the term "dodgy" lol

15. bigorange

bigorange Active member

16. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks. I'm getting CCE time with 3.2, but without the results. Maybe I downloaded the wrong 3.2?

17. brian100

brian100 Guest

Bigo

Going well here. Started the new job today, so I wont be on as much in future!. I intend to "welly up the readies" for a new pc soon, and fully intend to give Intervideo another go. That pixellation problem got the better of me, you know. I am off to bed now, gotta be up at 5.30am!!). Did you ever get to try the "hidden settings editor" with IC8?. You may want to give a try, knowing your legendary curiosity. It can improve picture quality even further!!.

http://213.83.55.226/showthread.php?s=400d44e92bbc51d51f9f4dfe9fead2ed&t=36498

Sophocles. I intend to "not get involved" if a "DVDshrnk 3.2 VS CCE/RB" debate starts. All those "in the know" here at AD fully appreciate that the CCE encoding engine will always beat the Shrink Transcoder on picture quality. Infact I, like yourself, am using CCE exclusively at the moment.

18. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Doc409

I never read any responses that suggested that DVD Shrink 3.2 has bested CCE. Some of the statements sort of alluded to it, but none that I read came out and clearly stated it.

They sure came down on DVD2one 1.5 and IC7/8 but I not so sure that they're right,I haven't done the comparison, but such a comparison was expected. I've found that some people get way too involved in there transoders. To have a discussion with them about it is almost like discussing politics and religion. Pointless!

Here's the link.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...22657d&threadid=80279&perpage=20&pagenumber=3

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

In every dialogue and discourse, we must be able to say to those who take offence, "Of what do you complain?"

Pensees Section III: of the Necessity of the Wager[/small]

19. brian100

brian100 Guest

Ahmen!!

20. Doc409

Doc409 Active member

Thanks for the link, Sophocles. You hit the nail on the head. People have embraced Shrink as they would a belief system. I just hope they keep this brand of fanaticism "over there."

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]