1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink 3.0 help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by krall, Sep 29, 2003.

1. krall

krall Member

I am new to the dvd coping scene and I learned from the numerous posts the dvd shrink is the way to go when it comes to compressing a dvd. I downloaded a copy and have read the outline for getting started.

I made sure all of my settings are correct and go to back up my dvd (A Mighty Wind). the program does its stuff however when I go to play the move in the preview area I notice that there is no sound. Is this a problem????

I have also tried to locate the video_ts folder and I can not find it. I can find the video_ts file, but not the folder. I'm searching the destination folder where I backed up the original dvd.

As an unrelated question with dvd shrink allow a user to use the extra features and menu options???

I am using ATI gold as a burner, but Nero burn is on its way. I basicly am trying to make sure I am shrinking the dvd correctly prior to copying anything. Thanks for all of your help!!!! I'm sorry if I sound like I don't have a clue, but I'm a newbie to this stuff.

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

3. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Actually all questions wont be answered there. Krall I have had the same problem with it doing a spiderman dvd. The sound just wouldnt play after the rip and compress. SO i have spent like 4 days messing with it. Well last night me and my buddy roto decided to try it out in another media player besides the one im using which is POWER DVD. I tried playing one of the vob's using windows media player and walla it worked fine. So i tried playing it again with PDVD and it didnt work. So i took the chance and burned it to my dvd anyway and guess what. When i put the dvd disk in drive it loads auto to POWERDVD AND PLAYS THE SOUND!!!! This is just a glitch or something duno why it does this.

4. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Ok, I think krall is talking about the preview window in DVD Shrink, this does not support audio, it is used to check which movie or menu is which, a future release may support audio. Secondly Shrink will not create a VIDEO_TS folder for you, you need to create this yourself, do this either before ripping or drag the ripped files to it arterwards, make sure it is in capitals. Thirdly Shrink will keep all extra features and menus if you wish, just click on "full disc" however depending on the size of the original it may compress to around 50%.

5. krall

krall Member

Thank you all for your help. I'll give it a try tonight. Has anyone tried to burn the VIDEO_TS folder with nti cd & dvd maker gold? if no one has I'll just wait for my nero to arrive.

6. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Why wouldnt you just go some where like www.download.com and download nero? This would be alot quicker

Good Luck

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

v.31 will support audio preview in the form of AC3 only.

8. DSYF3R

DSYF3R Regular member

Oriphus, any idea when 3.1 will be out? I thought I read September somewhere, but now that has been and gone but no news..

9. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Mid October is the latest estimate on it.

10. krall

krall Member

I had a chance to try out my new found knowledge with mixed results....

I first burned a a mighty wind using DVD X Copy. this copy works in my ps2 toshiba dvd and my computer, however it does not have the extras

I then followed all of the great instructions on buring with dvd shrink, and nero to burn. the disk works on my computer however not on my ps2 or dvd player. Could it be the compression level, I'm not sure at what level I was at, or is it something to do with nero? Like I said I have had the same media work in the stand alone, and my ps2, but using DVD X Copy.

any thoughts???
    thanks again for all of your help

11. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

do you have something that resembles ALL! these settings? have a good look.

[​IMG]

thx

12. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Krall if you are using nero 5 then the above settings will work fine. If you are using nero 6 instead of saving it in the DVD-udf/ifo format you need to save it in the dvd-Video format. Good Luck

13. krall

krall Member

I do have nero 6... so I'll give that a try. are all of the other settings the same?

14. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Yes as far as i can tell.

15. krall

krall Member

do I put any thing into the Audio_TS folder? or do I put everything into the Video_TS folder? has anyone else been successful lin burning with NERO 6 and DVD shrink?

16. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Hey bud , yes others have been sucessful with this process. You want to put all your files into the VIDEO_TS folder. The audio is there but is useless. Goodluck and let us know what happens.

17. pedrojqc

pedrojqc Member

I use DVD Dcrypeter first and everything works fine, but whn I go to dvd shrink to compress the file, the copress options does not appear,
    the only thing I can choose from is NO COMPRESSION..

why is this happening?

18. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

you click on RATIO !!!! and it highlights up so you use your mouse to drag the bar indicator to what size compression you need!

hey there cmnsales hows it dude? cant msn you?

thx..

19. cnmsales

cnmsales Member

Whats up rotary , sure ya can anytimeIf you are using shrink there is no need to use decrypt this is a wasted stepo and a waste of time. Just use shrink 30 it will automatically compress it to fit under the desired amount and it keeps the best options available to you.

20. pedrojqc

pedrojqc Member

What about the copy protectin message that appears what to do then?