1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink and Windows Vista

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nran2005, Mar 1, 2007.

1. cassieb

cassieb Member

If you have roxio, why not use it. It's been a while......

Have shrink produce an ISO image file and save it to your hard drive. Right click on the .iso file and choose open or burn to disk (can't remember which one when using roxio), this should automatically run roxio's burning application, choose/click Disk at Once, the destination/burn speed/finalize the disk and wait for the process to complete.

Try this

2. itsnogood

itsnogood Member

Did you find the way to solve it? I have almost the same problem. Each dvd movie that I burned says T1 on my dvd player and that's it. It doesn't play the movie ! Any solution ?

3. chrisgrif

chrisgrif Member

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/579890
    i found my answers here.it appears nero8 has some compatability problems.i uninstalled nero 8 and got a copy of nero 7 ,disabled the update part in it and all is well.i am using clonedvd2 more than shrink nowadays too,very impressed with it too

4. D_Rizzle

D_Rizzle Member

When I had Vista (I downgraded to XP), I never had a problem with DVD Shrink. I used DVD Shrink + DVD Decrypter + AnyDVD.

Note: Windows Vista has many compatibility problem's and the program that you are using (I'm guessing Nero?) may not be compatible with Vista. It's one of the benefit's of using Windows Vista.

5. itsnogood

itsnogood Member

I solved my problem with imgburn and AnyDVD. Thanks for your help !

6. mikeinoz

mikeinoz Member

Have watched this forum thread with a kinda interest as my monies have drifted away as I've tried to tackle Vista .v. the world. Spent a few bucks doing it so be careful. At end of day there is only one solution .... well three...for consistency.
    DVD43 > 1 Click DVD Copy 5 > img burn
    Then you will regain have what you lost b4 on windows XP with DVDShrink etc. Quality and consistency is even better. In all may cost you but not more than $60 if you do it carefully. Also, read the guidelines for each software and post up if you have a problem.
    Never gone back on a Windows release before but was within 48 hours of doing exactly that. All because I like backing up my DVDs for pete's sake. PS DVD43 runs in background so no worries but switch off 1 Click before you open imgburn or you'll get an extra week of strife......

7. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@mikeinoz

You may be the one person here who thinks DVD-43 is worth having!LOL

8. mikeinoz

mikeinoz Member

Garmoon..

I'm not sponsoring DVD43 mate (although find its now good on those newer DVDs with corrupt UDF) - use different modes of decryption for various things ... professional and personal. Combination suggested is only a fix for the problems guys & gals like me were having here with Vista ..... works 100% without any problems.

9. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

I was never fond of DVD43 either.

I'll stick with the biggies. DvdFab and AnyDvd.

10. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@mikeinoz

I didn't mean to sound condescending. You're one of the first I've seen to say something good about DVD43. If it works for you then it's good. I've never tried it. To each his own.

11. ptaylor19

ptaylor19 Member

I just got a new pc installed with Vista...upgraded to Nero 8...using DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink...can rip and burn DVDs but when playing them in the DVD player hooked up to TV the DVDs either dont work or jump around...almost like the DVD player cant follow the logic...disc menu button takes u to end of movie etc...has anyone had this problem and is it the Decrypter or the Shrink...am sure it is Vista cause never had problem on older pc with XP Pro...thanks

12. sKrEwZ

sKrEwZ Guest

Nero 8 and Dvd Shrink don't work together. Use Imgburn. http://imgburn.com

Poor playback is typically an issue with poor blank media. The regulars here seem to favor Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim.

13. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

What brand media are you using?

14. ptaylor19

ptaylor19 Member

usually Maxell or Memorex...somtimes Sony or Verbatim...always (DVD-R)...manufacture type of DVD disc did not seem to cause an issue before

15. ptaylor19

ptaylor19 Member

does IMGBURN replace DVD Shrink or replaces NERO 8?

16. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Both Maxell and Memorex outsource the manufacturing of their media so from spindle to spindle if you don't know what to look for you could be getting a different disc every time you buy a new spindle. Playback issues such as pausing, pixellation, stuttering usually come down to the quality of the media being used. As suggested by Skrewz, either Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim are you best bet for consistent quality.

Imgburn replaces Nero.... http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/DVD_Shrink_3_2_b_w_IB.zip

17. ptaylor19

ptaylor19 Member

when the movie does play the quality of picture is fine...it is just that the DVD player does not seem to follow the normal logic of play progression that I was used to...will play movie previews but when i press the disc menu button it jumps to end of movie as opposed to showing menu that has scene selection etc..fiddling around using skip button etc can get movie to play...will try using imgburn instead of nero 8...thanks for help

18. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

ptaylor19,
    If this is a newer movie then you need to also use (along w/ better blank media) DVDFAB HD Decrypter as DVDDecrypter and Shrink can not handle the newer structural problems that the studios add to the movies

DVDFAB HD Decrypter can be found here and it is free:
    http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

19. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Edit:
    Double post

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  20. sKrEwZ

sKrEwZ Guest

Still sounds like a media issue to me. Try using a top quality brand of blank media, burn at 6x or 8x, with no multitasking. You would be surprised how important good quality blank media is.