1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Shrink Problem - I/O device error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by snagger99, May 17, 2005.

1. snagger99

snagger99 Member

I have been having problems with DVD Shrink

After putting hitting the 'Backup' button selecting to burn with DVD Decrypter and clicking ok, before the encoding begins i get an error which says:

Dvd Shrink encountered an error and could not continue

Copy Protection Error

The request could not be performed becasue of an I/O device error

Can anyone suggest a solution.

Cheers

2. LeRobert

LeRobert Member

1. Disc is dirty or scratched: do what you have to do.

2. Disc have copy protection: experiment with the software available for those situations.

3. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Could be on of the newer movies that Shrink cannot handle, try using DVD Decrypter and rip to your hardrive and then use Shrink. You can also try the trial version of AnyDVD to work in the background and then use Shrink. Guides are available in my sig by Scuba Pete and bbmayo they will give you lots of information.

4. webhedreg

webhedreg Guest

Going over what has already been said.
    If the disk is dirty and cleaning allows you to copy disk successfully then fine problem solved. If not and then by using Decrypter you can copy disk okay, then at least you'll know it is the CSS stopping Shrink doing the copying. Use the latest version of Decrypter, Shrink will copy most not all films, and will struggle more as time goes on, as there is unlikely to be any more updates, as the writer is now working for Nero. You can also try DVD Region + CSS free to work along side Shrink.