1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD SHRINK PROBLEMMSS!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by usmcja, Jun 23, 2003.

1. usmcja

usmcja Guest

dvd shrink was working fine, then the other day i had an error- when it is previewing the movie it freezes and says-
    Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check)
    cdvdcss:read failed

and then when i press ok it seems like the movie is all there. but now when i try other movies i already on my harddrive from previous dvd rips using dvd shrink. nero has an error. and says burning procees failed...........wtf? could someone help me??please very aggravating

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Is it DVD Shrink 2.3 ?

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not sure about the problem with DVD Shrink, but dont worry about the NERO problem, i get it all the time and it still produces a quality DVD, though the fast forward and rewind soesnt work too well. I have a feeling this has something to do with the re-authoring of the movie to get rid of menus and subtitles and extras. Who knows....

4. usmcja

usmcja Guest

see the nero thing, it doesnt finish all the way, and when i try to go toward the end the dvd in my dvd player locks up. i wonder why nero all of a sudden decides not to wanna complete these processes. nero did it with two movies i have burnt. about 88 percent of the way through it locks, and says there is an error

5. usmcja

usmcja Guest

yes 2.3version

6. usmcja

usmcja Guest

the nero error said:

SCSI target error
    burn process failed

i tried using nero and nero express same message. why would it start saying that and what does that mean? In nero express there are no options i could really change either so i dont know what to do?

7. usmcja

usmcja Guest

4:18:59 PM #19 SCSI -400 File Cdrdrv.cpp, Line 1393
    SCSI Exec, HA 2, TA 0, LUN 0, buffer 0x02460000
    HA-Status 0x00 (0x00, OK)
    TA-Status 0x02 (0x01, SCSI_TASTATUS_CHKCOND)
    Sense Key: 0x03 (KEY_MEDIUM_ERROR)
    Sense Code: 0x90
    Sense Qual: 0x92
    CDB Data: 0x2A 0x00 0x00 0x1E 0x22 0xE0 0x00 0x00 0x20 0x00 0x00 0x00
    Sense Data: 0xF0 0x00 0x03 0x00 0x1E 0x20 0x90 0x0C
    0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x90 0x92

4:18:59 PM #20 DVDR -400 File Writer.cpp, Line 331
    SCSI Target error

4:18:59 PM #21 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 219
    all writers idle, stopping conversion

4:18:59 PM #22 Text 0 File ThreadedTransfer.cpp, Line 213
    conversion idle, stopping reader

4:20:17 PM #23 Phase 38 File dlgbrnst.cpp, Line 1649
    Burn process failed at 2.4x (3,312 KB/s)

4:20:17 PM #24 Text 0 File Scsicmd.cpp, Line 406
    SCSI not using temporary buffers
    20 out of 20 temporary buffers allocated

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I PM you!

9. usmcja

usmcja Guest

where is the software section to the the updated aspi driver here?

10. usmcja

usmcja Guest

well i got the updated aspi driver, i was using force aspi. now i got the new one, now how do i install it do i put the xp64 after it since i have a athlon, cause it says put xp32 for pentium, and xp64 for....... itanium?

11. usmcja

usmcja Guest

also, i have nero version 5.5.10.0 AND i have nero express..........i was using the force aspi like i said earlier and, do i have to dump the aspi for that then install the new aspi? cause i just installed the new aspi over the old one and i guess it had no problems.

12. Yardbird

Yardbird Guest

DVD Shrink was working fine, then the other day i had an error- when it is previewing the movie it freezes and says-
    Data Error: (cyclic redundancy check)
    cdvdcss:read failed
    Im getting this same message after trying form the first time I've not been able to make a successful ripping of a video, amd I've tried several. I'm very dissapointed after reading such good things about shrink DVD. I'm running win 2000 on 1.3gig speed with a 40gig hard disk and 256 ram. Has anyone an answer for this frustrating problem. anxious to burn my first disc.

Bird.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2003
  13. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Yardbird, if DVDshrink throws out a CRC error then there is probably something wrong with the disc (major scratch or sumthin).

Otherwise I've seen no major probs with DVD shrink beyond the rare CRC error (not the app's prob as the defect is in the disc itself) and the equally rare instance it cannot decrypt a disc.

14. Yardbird

Yardbird Guest

Thanks for responding, however, I'm getting that message on any disk that I try on my new NEC N1100A burner. Still frustrated to the point i haven't tried lately
    Bird.

15. ProXimO

ProXimO Member

I have problem with dvdshrink beta 3. When the encoding is at 94%, I get a error.
    "Encoding stopped, no enough HB space"

I have 30GB free!!

can anyone help me with that problem?

16. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Beta 5 is now out, try it.

17. ddlooping

ddlooping Active member

ProXimO, you can have 30GB of free space, but you might still get this error message if it's heavily fragmented.
    If it isn't, I'd also suggest you try beta 5. ;)__X_X_X_X_X_[small]~ ddlooping~ [​IMG]
    For DVD Shrink and related softwares guides and downloads, please visit http://www.dvdshrink.info[/small]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2003
  18. ProXimO

ProXimO Member

it's beta 5 I use....
    I found out the problem, the problem came only one dvd i tried to shrink,other dvd movies works just fine. the movie i tried to shrink was LOTR - Two towers.. on that dvd, i tried dvdshrink 2.3 and that works...