dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by weadmd, Jul 7, 2004.

1. weadmd

weadmd Member

I'm a newbie to dvd copying and hence learned from my search for suitable software that dvd shrink kicks ass. Now I have backed-up a few movies with it having no problems, then all of a sudden now it stopped working. I will inseert the dvd as usual with the dvdr+ media, but unlike before it takes forever to run. Meaning i insert the disc into the drive and a window will pop up indicating what drive do I want to open. This used to take no time at all, but now it takes quite awhile. Then once I get passed open disc part I set up what Parts I want (typically only english)and then hit back-up. Now unlike before in just going straight to the back up options, my computer just runs, runs, and runs. It does not freeze, it just states dvd shrink is not responding and so when I ctrl-alt-del to end task and shut it down it takes forever to shut down and I mean forever with the dvd shrink window almost never going away (the window just stays there). Now from this it takes again forever for my computer to turn off. If I try to run something else say explorer it will not run, the mouse does the sanddial thing but then stops and nothing. I cant run anything after this if I leave my computer on. I never really had this trouble before and am confused as what to do.
    MY computer hardware is:
    Amd athlon 2.2gh 64fx-51
    radeon 256mb
    1000gb Ram
    Windows XP
    Iomega dual dvd burner

I guess anyone have a clue as to what the hell is going on?

2. weadmd

weadmd Member

oh before i forget, new to this forum thing also. I only have the demo version of Nero, do I need to actually order Nero for it to work again?

3. Redeemed

Redeemed Guest

I have been using DVD Shrink in concert with Nero 6.3 for ages and it works faultlessly every time.

I think you need to look elswhere for your problem. I am sure that you have completed the ususal maintenence, ie defrag etc. If not you could start there.

If this does nothing then start looking for something that might have high jacked your system. Use something like Hijack this 1.9 (CNET), but be careful what you delelte. A backup is always prudent. Run your Antivirus from Safe Mode. Install Adaware Pro etc. Spybot is another excellent protective and remedial device, but all require careful thought on delete

All else fails - reformat and start again!. This time, if you do not already do so make abootable image of your operating drive or partiion with somethiong lkike Norton Ghost