1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd shrink

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by servingu, Nov 22, 2006.

1. servingu

servingu Guest

I'm trying to burn a dvd and when I go to back it up it backs up on to the hard dick and not to my drive. The target device wont let me pick a certain drive the only options they give me are iso and hard disk. I'm frustrated because I've burn many dvd's using dvd shrink

Thanks servingu

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi servingu
    What's changed since you were last able to pick the burner under target device?

You might just need to uninstall and reinstall Nero (that's what Shrink uses to burn)

Or tweak Shrink and autoburn with ImgBurn - here's some links:
    forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=63869
    imgburn.com

3. servingu

servingu Guest

4. servingu

servingu Guest

Hey Binkie7,

The thing that change was I put a new dvd burner in and the software which has a newer version of nero I guess and I was able to get the burner in the drop down window under target device but when the burning process began the "cant connect to TRF pops up" so I figure that it was the new nero so I reinstalled the old nero I had before and thats where I am at now.

Thanks again for your time

Servingu

5. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

@servingu

1) Uninstall DVDshrink using the add/remove programs function.

2) The "Error:\nCannot connect TRF" is caused by a problem between shrink and Nero version 6.6.1.4. Uninstall Nero6 using the general cleantool (see link for cleantool).

3) Reinstall shrink, the reinstall will allow it to properly detect your drive/s.

4) Reinstall nero6 version 6.6.0.18, this version of nero will work properly when using the autoburn feature in shrink (also see link for the downloads and instructions).

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/325848

Last edited: Nov 24, 2006
  6. servingu

servingu Guest

Hey Johnl123

Thanks for your time I did what you said and it works just fine thanks again

servingu

7. johnl123

johnl123 Regular member

You're welcome, glad all is well again :)