DVD Skipping? Time for a New Player?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by Sh0wty, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Sh0wty

Sh0wty Member

So i Have had this RCA DVD player for 4-5 Years now.. Its been a trooper. It plays everything i throw at it. Lately, on some original DVD's, around the end of the movie, it skips/pixelates, overall just makes the movie impossible to watch.

I burn DVD's Also (I use Tayo DVD-R) with CloneDVD + AnyDVD. Recently, I burned a copy of TOP GUN (The movie). I was watching the movie and close to the end, I got bad stuttering/skipping/pixelation, just couldnt even finish watching the movie. I have read all the threads on bad media and how this is a clear symptom of bad media..

So the Next thing i did was popped the same TOP GUN DVD Copy in my Desktop and played the end where it skipped on my Home DVD Player, and it played perfect on the desktop.

I have tried cleaning my DVD Player with the DVD Cleaner (CD With brushes) and same ol thing.

Am I correct in assuming I need a new DVD player?

Thanks for the time.

2. Phantom69

Phantom69 Regular member

I had a old dvd player from before dvd became popular lol, started becoming a pain in the butt to play discs lol freeze constantly then i got fed up and bought a new player.

you can get dvd players fairly cheaply, i have found phillips to be the best so far and least picky with discs.

i have seen dvd players in Aust for Under $70 so it may be worth considering, last decision is yours though.

3. merely

merely Guest

i have the same experiences with you about a month ago, but now i do not have the annoyance anymore, because i bought a new one. haha. i can enjoy my film time again. and lately i see a new film Kongfu Panda. haha. the panda in it it's so cute and funny. recommend you to see it.

and maybe more important, i bought the dvd player online. you can take a look. i think the one i bought is good for me.
    www.globeoffer.com