DVD Upconverter

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by rodeh7, Jul 3, 2008.

1. rodeh7

rodeh7 Member

I have a 40" Samsung HDMI TV and a Samsung Upconverter connected with a HD cable ( $60 for a 6'cable, wow ) but when I play my DVD ( and
    that's with any DVD ) about every 5 minutes or so I lose the picture and the message "searching for signal" comes up. I called Samsung and they said the only way to find the problem is to switch each of the 3
    things involved. So naturally I did the cable, then the DVD Upconverter, then finally the TV and it still did the same thing. Did
    I miss setting something? Like during set-up or something? I went over and over it and can't figure out why it does that. Help!

2. elliott

elliott Regular member

I am assuming you're using a hdmi cable for this, I would call Samsung back for more assistance they make the best HDTV's on the market and should be of more help sometimes the quality of help you get depends on the individual tech you get. You could aslo try reverting everything back to default mode and retry the settings. I wasn't sure if you using an upconvert device or upconvert dvd player you post makes it a bit unclear "TV and a Samsung Upconverter connected with a HD cable....So naturally I did the cable, then the DVD Upconverter" it's these parts of you post I got confused.