dvd x copy wount read dvds

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by fivel, Jan 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fivel

fivel Member

my dvd x copy platinum or dvd x rescue wount read some of the dvds that i have to make a back up of. it will start reading ithe say error could not open video_ts.ifo file. location c:\docume-1\nicholas\locals-1\temp\dvdxrescue\video_ts.then the computer will frezze. same with dvd x copy it will read the first 10 percent the say error and frezze so what do i do how would i make a back up of some of my movies that this happenes to.

2. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

That is because there is a protection on the disc that dvd x copy cannot crack because it is against their policy. I had this same problem when I first started burning dvd's with dvd x copy.

What you need to do....

Download one of these free programs, DVD Shrink, DVD decryptor, or VOB blanker. Also Nero or even Clone DVD 2 (these 2 programs are not free however)

The easiest to use and the quickest and easiest way to make a backup of your dvd's would be by using DVD shrink.

Hope this helps!?!

3. fivel

fivel Member

i have dvd shrink to and it doesnt seem to work all that well like dvd x copy works better. dvd shrink will do the same thing i put a movie in and it will tell me it cant read it or it will read it half way then frezze. i have version 3.2, when i put the dvd in i click on the open disc botton to start and it will do one of the two thing i said. unless i am doing it wrong and u know how to do it.

4. PimpDawg

PimpDawg Guest

Ok, sometimes dvdshrink does not work, but 95% of the time it does. Use dvd decrypter, I have only had a problem once with dvd decrypter and that was with resident evil 2, so I used vob blanker for that instead. DVD decrypter will copy the entire movie to your hard drive and remove the protections, allowing you to then burn it with dvd shrink or dvd x copy, if it shrinks the file?? Try this and see if it works..

Ev

5. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.