dvd x copy xpress : can't burn because my start button won't turn green

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by arowana, Sep 16, 2003.

1. arowana

arowana Guest

Can't anybody help me.Using dvd-x-copy express version 3.2, after the reading it asked for me to insert a blank media...
    and I did that but the start button won't turn green. I tried to removed all teh burning softwares on my computer but the start button still won't turn green, when it ask me to install a blank media..I only have one burner.
    Ram: 312 sdram
    30gig hard drive
    AMD Athlon 1gz
    Window xp professional
    burner: the name of the burner is Vivastar
    But in the computer it said Matshita DVD-ram LF-D310
    thank you.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Last edited: Sep 18, 2003
  3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Seems that I saw this elsewhere this evening, DVD XCOPY and Xpress don't like no name discs, try another media.
    Suggestion # 2. Reboot the computer and then try to backup your DVD. It likes a clean slate when working -
    "P"

4. Digiti

Digiti Member

DVDxCopy Express or Platinum requires a ASPI layer to burn. I found this out myself because I never installed this driver for any other cd burning software. I was using the Nero Winaspi which I downloaded and placed in the respective program folders with success except for DXDXCOPY... Anyway, what you need to get is a program called Forceaspi which is freeware. After you run this from a command prompt window, install the latest version: Aspi 4.7 from Roxio's website. You should been good to go after this. I have many burning programs that could theoretically interfere with DVDXCOPY but doing this procedure eliminated that possibility. Good luck.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Many other programs require ASPI'S and although I have installed it on my system for those other applications I have not found that DVD X COPY or Xpress requires it.