dvd2xbox copys but games freeze up or wont play

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by rsj33733, Dec 5, 2005.

1. rsj33733

rsj33733 Member

i have a xbox 1.0 that was softmodded. i can play hard disk games. and download them to my xbox hard drive( maxtor 300 gig). some of the games will play, but then some of them will not play so i erased them. im thinking that when i put the software on the hard drive that dvd 2 xbox copy might be corrupted. is there a way to just remove the dvd 2xbox software and then re download it to the xbox. somebody else did the softmodd then gave the xbox to me. im a noob so any help apperiated. also i had to replace the ide cable because jacka#$ used some after market cable that didnt work right, and that why i think the software is slightly corrupted.. also i thought of doing the whole softmod think all over again, but i thought that might be exsteme since all the other futures work but the backing up the hard drive part. also where can i go and find some info that talks a little more in dept about percedure on softmolding, and different steps. for example: i know you start off soft molding by uploadind an installer exploit. but why, and other step in the process and why? also im using dash to cam for my dash board.

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If you dont know much about softmodding and had somone else do it id sugest you not do it yourself cause you can cause lots of problems with it.

Now for some of the games not working. There is a simple fix to try and see if it works. This works 85% of the time for people having trouble getting thier games to work after instaling them on the HDD or playing them from disc.

If you can FTP to your Xbox or you can use the file explorrer on the dashboard of your Xbox and find the CACHE FOLDERS and empty them. Delete the files that are inside the CACHE FOLDERS. Make sure thats all you delete. After doing that try running a game you put on your HDD that dosent work and see if it will run.

3. rsj33733

rsj33733 Member

thxs it work. u didnt specify which cache to delete. so i only delete the cache file in unleash x. should i have done that in the dvd2xbox,and dash to cam application/ dashboard( if so how do i get to the cache files in dash to cam dash board). also was that a dianostic procedure or was that a permantly fix. just curious, by deleting the cache files what did i do, why did the games start to work?

Last edited: Dec 8, 2005
  4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

Some people will clean all the CACHE folders out.

I usly just do the 1 with my dashboard myself.

The reason why you had to delete the CACHE files is cause they got corrupt in some way.

This has happened to me a few times. It dosent happen often but when it does just delete the CACHE folder out again.

5. jtrained

jtrained Member

the cache folders are:
    E:\Cache
    X:
    Y:
    Z:

6. Genkkaku

Genkkaku Guest

Yeah Ive tried that and it doesn't work for me

7. PHLAK

PHLAK Member

I am having this problem on a softmodded box. Thanks for the advise, when I get home tonight I will try it out. Thanks Larry for sharing this info.

8. PHLAK

PHLAK Member

I am having this problem on a softmodded box. Thanks for the advise, when I get home tonight I will try it out. Thanks Larry for sharing this info.