DVD43 works, but causes some grief...

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by No4Mk1, Sep 25, 2005.

1. No4Mk1

No4Mk1 Member

I find that when I have DVD43 running it makes a mess of the OS's ability to sense a change of discs. I can put one in, the OS sees it, I can do what I need to do, and then when I eject it the OS seems not to notice. If I put in another disc it's not noticed.

My inelegant solution has been to yank that bit out of the registry (HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run - no, silly, not the whole key, just the value that calls DVD43) and only run it when I plan to backup a DVD.

But it leads me to ask: Am I the only one with this problem? Is there a fix for the program?

-Chris

2. catfreak

catfreak Active member

I was having problems with DVD43 .. When I tried to play a CD, the sound would 'break up' for a minute or so then play fine ... Also, it wouldn't decrypt all the DVDs I needed it to work with ... Finally, it wouldn't let me reload it so I erased it completely from my system and purchased AnyDVD which is lightyears better

Anyways, which version are you using? Maybe you need to use an older (or newer) version.

What program are you using it in conjunction with? The best free combination still is DVD Decrypter and DVD Shrink.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2005