1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd9 to single dvd-r

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by jd-, May 20, 2002.

1. jd-

jd- Member

i was just wondering if its usually possible to make a dvd9 onto a dvd-r , i don't really care for the extras but would like the menu to still be there, how would i go about doing this, i also don't want to make the quality suffer any so don't wanna go through any re-encoding...
    is there a list of what movies will fit on a single disc with the extra scenes taken out ?
    thanks

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

Not very surprising, but doom9 has -- if I remember correctly -- pretty decent guide about this procedure. Also, search through our forums, there should be at least good hints how to do this.

3. mscogna

mscogna Member

Well, Good luck!!! Any decent movie, let's say, over 90 minutes, is probably not going to strip down enough, even without menus, to a single disc. I have run across a couple so far, but for the most part, your looking at splitting to 2 disc's. Such is life.

4. jd-

jd- Member

mscogna ...or anybody else... i was jus wondering if they are going to come out with possibly a double sided dvd-r disc? that would probably save a little money or a dvd-r disc thats dual layer so we don't have to do the splitting. :)

thanks

5. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

jd-: They say dual-layer is impossible to do, due the technology how DVD discs are recognized by DVD players. And as for double-sided DVD-Rs, those have been in market for about 10months now, at least cd-recordable.com sells those.

6. jd-

jd- Member

ahh i see... are they that much more expensive than the regular dvd-rs??? if they were less than twice as much a piece that would be cool... i guess i'll go look around but a reply would be cool too...thanks ppl :)