1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvdInfoPro update

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by mackdl, Jul 2, 2008.

1. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I'm a little perplexed as to the updates of DVDInfoPro. I purchased a serial# in December 2006 @ $20 US (almost $25 CAD)

I hadn't updated for awhile, so decided to. I now find out I have to repurchase a serial# @ $29 US (there was no indication of this before I downloaded) because I bought 4 1/2 mos too early??? Hmmmm, "snooze, you lose" does not apply in this case!

I can see that HD/BD is now supported. In my opinion, like Slysoft, there should have been an upgrade price for previous owners?

2. tripplite

tripplite Guest

its unfortunate we know.....but their newer version isn't as good with the booktype'ing though...... oh well!

-tripplite

3. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

4. mackdl

mackdl Regular member

I should have replied back to this thread. Yes, I did contact Nic last weekend. We came to an agreement on the purchase of DvdInfoPro HD.

Booktyping does work for both SL and DL discs. I don't have the proper equipment for either HD/Bluray, but did manage to pickup an XBox HD add on at a one day firesale. Does anyone know how accurate the CRC scanning is for HD-DVD's? I scanned a disc I was having problems playing (freezing/pixelating), came up error-free. This disc had problems with an A-35, played fine in an XA2. Also, the CRC scanning screen doesn't go beyond 50%, though it is still scanning until completion?