1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVDShrink and DVDDecrypt great together!!

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by DennisL, Oct 8, 2003.

1. DennisL

DennisL Guest

Just hoping to help someone quickly. I love DVDShrink and presently use the latest version of DVDShrink 3 beta. However, I have noticed a lot of digitalization errors in DVDShrink sometimes. When I backup a movie, some may start showing signs of glitching with digitalization squares and then may get worse to the point of lengthy pauses or even freezing. (Occurs on all four of my DVD players with different media). Lately, I have been using DVDDecrypter just by decrypting all files on the DVD to a folder and then reading it with DVDShrink and encrypting it to smaller size so I can get the movie on one disk. So far, it has worked extrememly well this way, no digital blocks occuring and very nice backups. Even when DVDShrink really has to compress the video still looks of great quality to me personally. I have been able to get any DVD on one disk I want including my very long Titanic Movie. If it gets close to not fitting I just take out a language like French for example and it usually is enough. All being said, I think DVDDecryptor in my experience with it is a much better decrypter than DVDShrink and also DVDDecryptor is quite fast at doing it's job.

2. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

I agree with you that its great, but lately, i've been trying to backup my copy of CSI: Season 2 and its been giving me an error after analysis and sometiems in the middle that says CYCLIC REDUNDANCY ERROR....anyone know what this is?!

burner is sony 510A w/ XP Pro

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Try Ripping with DVD Decrypter and then loading the ripped files into DVD Shrink to compress.

4. DennisL

DennisL Guest

Since it says :redundancy error" it means it occurs over and over. The internet definition says it is a checksum error or in other words after a serialization of reading has taken place it doesn't check out on the checksum. I would think this is a read error of the source, not the decrypt program, however, hopefully you will get more responses. I have experienced errors in reading before and had great success in slowing down the read process of my cdrw or dvd player. I haven't really checked in DVDShrink or DVD to see if you can control the read speed.

5. bigg35

bigg35 Member

what do you use to burn after shrink?

6. Horizon1

Horizon1 Member

I use Nero 6 to burn. I'm gonna clean the disc and see if it still gives me the error, thanks for the heads up guys!