1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvdshrink and Pioneer 104

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by punjabi, Oct 11, 2003.

1. punjabi

punjabi Member

Guys,

I am new to this forum but i have been creating DVDs for sometime. I have Pioneer DVD burner that came with Compaq Presario pcs about 1 year ago. Here is the problem that i am seeing.

I am using DVDshrink to backup my DVD on hard drive. When i click VIDEO_TS.IFO file. It starts the DVD and stops just before the movie is going to start. I mean it shows some hearder and then stops where you get the title menu. Does anyone know whats going on here. I have done many many times either by using Re-Author or by Full Disk mode. Also, one more thing i tried yesterday was just ripping off all the files from DVD using DVDdecryptor in File Mode. I have the same problem over there that i cant see the movie. Does any one know what's going on here? Is it the DVD player(intervideo) or the Pioneer DVD burner?

Is there any DVD upgrade that i need to get that done?

2. koola

koola Guest

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Firstly I am not a big Dvd Shrink user, but I have a theory.....

Are you ripping and stripping to the HD?

If so are keeping the video_ts IFO?

If so, then the video-ts IFO jump command will be pointing to a menu you may have stripped out.......

I think you will need to go through the backup process in order for Dvd Shrink to rewrite the IFO information to correspond to what you have left after stripping....

Just a theory, from what I have read....